Complaint Review: American Aadvantage Program

• Submitted: Fri, April 09, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, April 09, 2010

• Reported By: SLO Shopper — San Luis Obispo California United States of America
American Aadvantage Program
aa.com Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas United States of America

American Aadvantage Program Aadvantage Program Mileage Held Hostage For Rip-Off Fees To Reinstate Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

I recently booked a reservation for five of us to go to Hawaii on mileage tickets approximately six months in advance. Things have changed, and I am now cancelling five months out. I booked this reservation myself - no American Airlines help was needed - I booked it all on the computer.

Now that I want to cancel this booking and reinstate my mileage, American Aadvantage wants to collect $250 to put my mileage back into my account. $250 for WHAT?? The reservation was cancelled over 150 days out and no human ever worked on this! American Airlines should be ashamed to have such a rip-off fee structure!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2010 08:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Aadvantage-Program/DallasFt-Worth-Texas-/American-Aadvantage-Program-Aadvantage-Program-Mileage-Held-Hostage-For-Rip-Off-Fees-To-Re-591581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Aadvantage Program