Complaint Review: American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry/Cosmetic Dentistry Grants Program/Oral Aesthetic Advocacy Group Inc/

• Submitted: Wed, April 17, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: Ben — Brooklyn New York
One Gateway Center, Suite 2600 Newark, New Jersey United States of America

American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry/Cosmetic Dentistry Grants Program/Oral Aesthetic Advocacy Group Inc/ Lola Snidman Promises Grants for the most expensive cosmetic procedure in the thousands of dollars. Only, the first thing you have to do is pay $200 for XRays. SCAM!!!! Newark, New Jersey

I was very hopeful after reading glowing accolades on their site from grateful former clients, who in detail discussed how greatly their lives had been changed for the better after the "Cosmetic Dentistry Grants Program" paid out tens of thousands of dollars for new crowns, bridges and implants, all of which I am in dire need of.

I filled out the application at about 2 am and heard from "Paula" the following morning at 9, who left me a message that I had been accepted and it was very important I get back to them within 48 business hours or I would lose my place. She also sent me an email letting me know she's just left me a voice mail. So, when I woke up I called them immediately. The very first thing I was told by Paula was:

"It will be $150 to$200 for X-Rays. Hope that's okay with you"

After a moment of stunned silence I hung up the phone. Within minutes I received an email telling me I had been "dropped from the program". "Gee" I wondered..if they're grating 10's of thousands of dollars...why won't they pay for x-rays?

So in my opinion this is a scam. "We give you 10's of thousands in grants for cosmetic dentistry,you just have to give us a lil 'ol $200 to get started". I don't think so.

I also looked up the reviews of the participating dentist in my city and they basically said he treated his wealthy patients well, and everyone who came in with a groupon was given short shrift, with long waits, major attitude and attempts to get the person who came in for a cleaning to commit to much more work. I saw something like 40 of this type of review for their local dentist. Well, if its too good to be true, it usually is. Buyer Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Academy-of-Cosmetic-DentistryCosmetic-Dentistry-Grants-ProgramOral-Aesthetic-Advocacy-Group-Inc/Newark-New-Jersey-07102/American-Academy-of-Cosmetic-DentistryCosmetic-Dentistry-Grants-ProgramOral-Aesthetic-Ad-1044053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry/Cosmetic Dentistry Grants Program/Oral Aesthetic Advocacy Group Inc/