Complaint Review: American Advantage AKA US Grant Department - Anthony Durner - Jeffry Smith

• Submitted: Thu, October 27, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, October 27, 2005

• Reported By:Marysville Ohio
American Advantage AKA US Grant Department - Anthony Durner - Jeffry Smith
1900 Howell Branch Rd. Nationwide U.S.A.

American Advantage AKA US Grant Department - Anthony Durner 0814 - Jeffry Smith 0993 ripoff I was taken for 299.85. I got a phone call stating I was to receive a student US Government Grant in the amount of $12,500 and I had to pay 49.00 processing fee. Winterbark Florida

A company called me and said I was approved for a 12,500 US Goverment grant and all I had to do was pay for the processing fees. I have been applying for grants in many places, and my school also applys for me so I thought it was for real.

I received a confirmation number and a customer service number to call 1-800-923-8939 & 1-866-503-7345. I never called the number for confirmation of the grant because then I started to get worried when they tried to sell me a long distance plan. Don't fall for it.

The next thing I know I am missing $299.95 from my checking account and a bounced check fee. I received some coupons in the mail but you have to send money in to cash them in??

Please help me stop these people who are taking advantage of hard working college students like me who are just scraping to get by as it is. I am a single mom and I would hate to see anyone else go thru this embarrassment. I feel so stupid.

Sharyl
Marysville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2005 11:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Advantage-AKA-US-Grant-Department-Anthony-Durner-Jeffry-Smith/nationwide/American-Advantage-AKA-US-Grant-Department-Anthony-Durner-0814-Jeffry-Smith-0993-ripof-162392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Advantage AKA US Grant Department - Anthony Durner - Jeffry Smith