Complaint Review: American Advantage

• Updated: Tue, August 01, 2000

• Reported By:
American Advantage
Unknown Nationwide U.S.A.

American Advantage delays refund forever?

I purchased a product over the TV that I guess came with a free trial membership to American Advantage(AA). I never received any information on this from AA and did not know of this until I saw on my bank statement a $72 charge to my account. I called right away to find out what this charge was about and according to AA records cancelled membership as of 5/1. I was told I would receive my refund in about 21 working days. After 21 days, I called again to be told it
would be another 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I called again to be told it would be yet another 2 weeks. At this I requested a check be sent. I was told, by the manager, that the Check would be processed 6/26 sent on 6/27 and it would reach me in 10-14 working days. after 14
days I called to be told it would actually take 14-21 working days. today, 8/1, I called (25 working days later) to be told again it would be another 2 weeks. It has been three months now and everytime I call I am told another 2 weeks. I feel like I can call for eternity and it would still be another 2 weeks. This seems like a scam to take my money and give me the run-around until I just give up and they get the money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Advantage/nationwide/American-Advantage-delays-refund-forever-2808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Advantage