license

• Submitted: Mon, August 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 20, 2008

• Reported By:Modesto California
American Agencies And Pac Bell
2158 W 190th St Torrance, California U.S.A.

American Agencies And Pac Bell I checked my credit report and I found American Agencies demanding payment on a old phone bill from 2004. I have not had any service with Pac Bell since the end of 2001. Help Torrance California

*Consumer Suggestion: Ask them to validate the debt in writing

American Agencies And Pac Bell I checked my credit report (trying to buy a home) and I found American Agencies (Torrance, CA) demanding payment on a old phone bill from 2004. The orginal bill they put as $1,458.00 but are requesting the amount of $3,033.00. I moved from Oakland, CA on January, 2001 and moved back to California in March, 2004. I have not had any service with Pac Bell since the end of 2001.

I recently requested my credit report and was shocked to find american agencies trying to collect a phone bill for PacBell from 2004. The amount was $1,458 and know the demand $3,033.

I moved from Oakland, CA to Kentucy in January of 2001. March, 2004 I returned to CA. I have not used PacBell since the end of 2000.

How can a bill triple in amount like that. I am trying to buy a home, Can I still use the exibit V to fight them, since most complaints are not recent.

I am looking forward to any feedback. Thank you

Carol
Modesto, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2008 02:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Agencies-And-Pac-Bell/Torrance-California/American-Agencies-And-Pac-Bell-I-checked-my-credit-report-and-I-found-American-Agencies-de-358837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Agencies And Pac Bell

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Ask them to validate the debt in writing

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Dont call them. Write them, request validation of the debt. If its not your bill, they will not be able to handle this step. If its not valid, you can contact the CRA's and have them validate the debt and then if they find its not valid it will have to be removed from your report.
Statute of limitations here in CA is 4 years, they cannot sue you for this if its been longer than that since you last paid them. You can write them a letter to cease and desist contact with you (get someone's signature by certified letter and keep this forever!) but chances are they'll eventually ignore that and try to collect... in another 5 years or so.They'll never stop.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC