Complaint Review: American Agencies

• Submitted: Tue, August 23, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 23, 2005

• Reported By:Long Beach California
American Agencies
1660 Hotel Circle North, #215 San Diego, California U.S.A.

American Agencies - American Credit Agencies - American Agencies Collection Agency ripoff Is Trying To Collect On Pac Bell Debt Already Paid Off San Diego California

American Agencies is attempting to collect, on a debt that has already been paid off in 2003. I was introduced to American Agencies back in June, 2001 by way of receiving a copy of my credit report after being denied credit. Because Pac Bell didn't offer long distance, only local, during this time, I had Sprint as a long distnce carrier, Pac Bell served as a 3rd party biller to Sprint. Upon closing my residential account, Pac Bell only issues me a local closing bill and not my long distance (Sprint $114.19).

Apparently Pac Bell dropped the ball in sending me Sprint's half of the bill so unknowing to me, it went unpaid and fell into collection. Sprint got their own collector and so did Pac Bell. I paid Sprint's collector off back in 2003 and notified American Agencies that they are attempting to collect twice on a debt. I was subjected to rude and nasty behavior from this collection agency. There were not willing to investigate the matter and refused to acknowledge this information. After, months, years of trying to get a copy of this final bill from Sprint/Pac Bell and AMERICAN AGENCIES, I faxed American Agencies the evidence that the debt had been paid (Aug. 8, 2005). I gave them 10 days to acknowledge and correct the problem. On Aug. 22nd, I phoned American Agencies of the outcome and they kept giving me the run around. I had to call back several times and still have not gotten feedback on the status. I called back again to get their physical address and NOBODY at this company would provide me the the address to serve legal papers. It's funny how when the tables turn and you have the evidence to clear you, how these collection agencies all of a sudden want you to work with them.

To date, American Agencies claim they submitted the information to the company for validation purpose. How much more validation do you need? I provide you with THEIR (the company's bill) along with the pay off letter from the other agency and it proved how the two accounts are linked to the same debt. I may be right/wrong about this but isn't it against the law for a credit collector to backtrack and make additional contact with a company once they've bought the debt? I'm still getting the run around. If there is ANYONE out there that knows of a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT, please let me know so I can jump on board.

Leigh
Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2005 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Agencies/San-Diego-California-92108/American-Agencies-American-Credit-Agencies-American-Agencies-Collection-Agency-ripoff-154690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Agencies