Complaint Review: American Agencies

• Submitted: Sun, April 23, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, April 23, 2006

• Reported By:carmichael California
American Agencies
2158 W 190th Street Torrance, California U.S.A.

American Agencies This company working on behalf of Pacific Bell is holding my credit report hostage for 148 dollars and no documentation Ripoff Torrance California

This company is working on behalf of Pacific Bell and is holding my credit hostage for 148 dollars. When I finally could get American Agencies to contact me, which took dragging them to court, they revealed the account in question was at an address in Roseville CA that Pacific Bell does not even give service to!!!! Roseville telephone is the exclusive carrier in that area. And, American Agencies was the second collection agency assigned to this account. Two and one half years earlier another collection agency contacted me about this accout. I promptly informed them that this was not my account and I never heard another word.

2.5 years later, long after the Californa statute of limitations had expired for this kind of transaction, American Agencies pops up. They rearranged dates and contact info to make it seem ligitimate. I have challenged them to file a lawsuit and get a judgement if they were right. They have not done so and it has been 3 years since they put this on my credit.

This company is not properly licensed to do this kind of work also. The pressure is mounting, anyone interested in going for class action I am on board. These guys are rogues. I live close to their location and can do a good amount of leg work to get this moving. Also, don't forget Pacific Bell in this mess, they are equally guilty.

Joe
Carmichael, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2006 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Agencies/Torrance-California-90509/American-Agencies-This-company-working-on-behalf-of-Pacific-Bell-is-holding-my-credit-repo-188150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Agencies