Complaint Review: American Airlines Vacations

• Updated: Mon, June 23, 2014

• Reported By: steve — lewes Delaware
American Airlines Vacations
4333 Amon Carter Blvd. Fort Worth, Texas USA

American Airlines Vacations AA vacationsAAvacations hotel cancellation penalty stiff policy poor customer service and poor client satisfaction entrapment lost $200 Fort Worth Texas

I booked a London vacation package (airfare and hotel) and a couple of hours later I realized it will take ~ more than 1 month to get a visiting Visa, so I cancelled the booking.  Luckily the flight was not ticketed yet so that was cancelled without a problem.  The hotel reservation however was a mess.  AA vacations told me I have to pay $100 each person ($200 for 2 people.)   I even called the London hotel and they haven't even received the booking and told me to call AA vacations to avoid the charges.  I called back "customer service" and the supervisor that night said I should have asked for the name of the London hotel contact that I spoke with over the phone.  They haven't even gotten the booking yet so how could they have waived the fee!  Couple of hours passed and they can't waive the $200!  Rip off and entrapment came to mind during this ordeal.  I will never book a package with them ever. Anybody reading this avoid booking with them so you don't get victimized.  I usually book directly with hotel sites and they usually allow days advance cancellation without penalty.  Horrible customer service and I'm definitely disappointed and infuriated.  They should change this horrible policy of theirs. I told my friends about this and they agree it was unfair.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Airlines-Vacations/Fort-Worth-Texas-76155/American-Airlines-Vacations-AA-vacationsAAvacations-hotel-cancellation-penalty-stiff-poli-1075638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Airlines Vacations