Complaint Review: American Airlines

• Submitted: Fri, September 12, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, September 14, 2003

• Reported By:Layton Utah
American Airlines
MD 5400, PO Box 619688 Dallas/Fort Worth Airport, Texas U.S.A.

American Airlines AAdvantage Program consumer ripoff American Airlines allowed unauthorized party to redeem MY Frequent Flyer miles. D.R. Simmonds, said they followed company policy and that's it! Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Texas

*Author of original report: RESOLUTION ..Many thanks to Rip Off Report!

D.R.Simmonds, account auditor of American Airlines AAdvantage Miles Program,(frequent flyer program) allowed an unauthorized person to redeem 50,000 miles for two round trip tickets from Witchita, KS. to Salt Lake City, UT., on August 15, 2002.

I found that my account with American Airlines had been used by unauthorized parties when I tried to redeem my miles for a Business Class Ticket, round trip from Salt Lake City, UT. to Brussells, Belgium on June 16, 2003. I was trying to send my mother back to Amsterdam because my Great Aunt was in critical condition in a hospital and my mother was going to take care of her in her last days and then take care of the funeral arrangements.

I have contacted the company and they responded with a letter saying in part,"We have specific procedures in place to ensure that our members are actively involved in the award redemptions from their accounts, and that they receive the awards claimed from their accounts".

I have been hospitalized since May 20, 2002. It is therefore impossible for me to have redeemed my miles because it further states in their policy, that,"...if any fees are paid by credit card, the credit card must be in the name of the claiming member". I contacted two of the three Credit Reporting Agencies that keep track of an individuals credit history and my name or card number was not listed anywhere on the credit reports.

D.R. Simmonds, of American Airlines has been contacted twice but still maintains,"we fulfilled an award request from an individual who we were led to believe was acting on my behalf"!

Rich
Layton, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2003 01:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Airlines/DallasFort-Worth-Airport-Texas-75261-9688/American-Airlines-AAdvantage-Program-consumer-ripoff-American-Airlines-allowed-unauthorize-66856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Airlines

RESOLUTION ..Many thanks to Rip Off Report!

AUTHOR: Rich - (U.S.A.)

Many thanks to Rip Off Report! Today I received a letter from the American Airlines AAdvantage Frequent Flyer Program with all the information I need to bring forth a lawsuit against the perpetrators of the fraud that I complained about.

Thanks for this site because after AA was notified of the complaint against them they were more than helpful with my problem. I am glad there are still advocates for the "little guy" of which I am one.

I have already told others of this site and they will use it in the future.

Sincerely,