Complaint Review: American Airlines

• Updated: Mon, October 17, 2011

• Reported By: Ruthie — Bryan Texas United States of America
American Airlines
DFW Airport, Forth Worth, TX Forr Worth, Texas United States of America

American Airlines Maya Liebman, President AAdvantage Loyalty Program Citi/AAdvantage COMPANION TICKET a real DISADVANTAGE Forr Worth, Texas

I know that the customer needs to be careful, but when we applied for our CITI Bank AAdvantage card, we did it because it offered a companion ticket with the purchase of one round trip coach fare.  We met the travel embargo dates; we called the American Airlines Meeting Services number to get a reservation; we met every one of the "Terms and Conditions."  Yet, when we tried to make a reservation, the cost of the "companion" ticket was no great advantage.  It cost us as much as the originial ticket.

I wrote to Ken Stork, President of Citi Bank, and he sent me a $200. voucher.  I wrote to Ms. Liebman, AAdvantage President, and got a cursory letter saying that they appreciated my feedback.  I wrote to her again and mentioned what Citi Bank had done.....no response.  I then wrote to the president of American Airlines and got a call from Dee who said pretty much the same," We appreciate your feedback."  She asked a few questions about whether or not I was in compliance with the terms and conditions, but that was it.  I told her I would file this report.  I feel better.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2011 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Airlines/Forr-Worth-Texas-75261/American-Airlines-Maya-Liebman-President-AAdvantage-Loyalty-Program-CitiAAdvantage-COMPA-789877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Airlines