Complaint Review: American Airlines

• Reported By: katzman360 — Malden Massachusetts
American Airlines
Internet USA

American Airlines Customer Service Misinformation Internet

On May 7, 2013, a ticket was issued through Vayama.com. I had 48 hours to cancel at no additional cost. To arrange my seating, they told me to call American Airlines. When i contacted them, American Airlines told me everything was all set. I noticed that online 2 seats weren't assigned yet. I called back. I eventually paid $25 for American Airlines to seat me properly. They told me that they had printed out the actual tickets, and could see that I was all set. When I checked again, a few weeks later, I noticed that i was on 2 flights for the same route on the same day. I wanted to be on QF 576 (Which I was told I was on, and seated on) but it also showed flight 580. American Airlines admitted that they had made a mistake. They told me that I was never actually on flight 576. An agent put me on flight 576, but in reality I was on flight 580. This was a shock to me, since this entire time, everyone told me I was all set on all my flights. Included in the flights listed was flight 576. Because of their mistake, I am now coming in to my destination much later than I had anticipated. I am missing the entire day. Had they have told me on May 7 that I was on flight 580, I would have been able to cancel my trip and reschedule at no additional cost. Now, Vayama is charging me $605.00 (as of June 5) to change flights. Even though American Airlines admits that they gave me misinformation for over a month, they still refuse to compensate me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Airlines/internet/American-Airlines-Customer-Service-Misinformation-Internet-1060737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Airlines