Complaint Review: American Airlines

• Reported By: Johnny Compass — Massapequa Park New York
American Airlines
Nationwide USA

American Airlines American Airlines lied to me and stole my money Nationwide

American Airlines lied to me and they are now content to ignore my correspondences and keep my money.  They are a den of thieves. I purchased travel from New York’s JFK to Springfield, Missouri through Dallas-Fort Worth.  A short time after my purchase American cancelled the itinerary I purchased and moved me to another flight that would have arrived in Springfield over five hours later.  I could not use a flight that arrived five hours later than I had planned. I called American Airlines to cancel my flight and I was told very clearly by the agent for AA that my credit card would be refunded for the full price. As it turns out this was a lie and I fully believe the agent was trained to lie to customers on the phone.  Instead of the refund I was promised, American Airlines sent me a worthless travel voucher that I cannot use.  I sent this travel voucher back explaining that I did not travel enough to use it.  I have also sent several more correspondences explaining I was promised a full refund but American Airlines has not even giving me the courtesy of a reply. This type of customer service cannot be by accident; this has to be part of their corporate plan.  One they have your money they keep it and simply ignore your requests for a refund.  How shameful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2014 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Airlines/nationwide/American-Airlines-American-Airlines-lied-to-me-and-stole-my-money-Nationwide-1157660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Airlines