Complaint Review: American Airlines

• Reported By: valchavezcc — Denver Colorado
American Airlines
Nationwide USA

American Airlines Lost my luggage and stole from it Denver, Dallas

American Airlines sent my luggage to Dubai while I was in the Cayman Islands last week. The arrival of the luggage was delayed for four out of seven days of my vacation. Upon arrival, there were things missing from the bag (around $250 worth). American's customer service has been atrocious. Their representatives refused to help when I was on the vacation, and have not been any better upon my return. Not even as much as an "I'm sorry for this incovinience". I understand if the woman on the phone had no information, but she wouldn't even give me the time of day. She might as well have hung up the phone on me. They will not take responsibility for the four days I missed out on using my SCUBA diving (paid for in advanced), nor let me submit a claim for the stolen goods. Why did I pay these people money to steal from me? No one will give me any information about how I can recoup my losses. I have been nothing but respectful and patient while trying to deal with this matter. Such a shame the way they treat their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2013 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Airlines/nationwide/American-Airlines-Lost-my-luggage-and-stole-from-it-Denver-Dallas-1100679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Airlines