Complaint Review: American Airlines

American Airlines No such thing as customer service Nationwide

* : Janes blind defense of a self righteous company

* : Janes blind defense of a self righteous company

*Consumer Comment: Where is the rip off?

I booked a vacation through Orbitz.com and was given an American Airlines flight. I saw online that the first leg of my trip had an unassigned seat but the flight was full.

I called AA to verify that I indeed had a seat and was not placed on standby. I had read somewhere that AA outsources their customer service therefore I understood that I may be calling to someone's home.

When I called about my concern the lady answered the phone "Hello". It appeared I had woke her up from a dream, she could not hear me and kept saying "hello, hello". I finally said to her, am I calling AA, she says yes. Now, I am upset that she answers in this way and she sounds upset that I woke her.

Every question was answered with a yes no curt response. Even at the airport, the representatives acted like the customer, me, was a bother. They answer you rudely, give you incorrect instructions, generally nasty. I have complained to AA.

What took the cake, on my flight, the captain says, please make room in the overhead because we have a large volume of luggage onboard, so if your bag fits, put it under the seat for take off. Now I am really mad because the there is a fee to check the first bag. I'm thinking, I will not make room for the fee duckers. I even witnessed a couple unpack their luggage so it would fit in the overhead. They were in the seats in front of me and the passenger next to me had not come on board yet, so the husband says, you can put that stuff in the seat behind me. I am appalled that some pay a fee to have a bag checked while others can get on with huge bags and sit there and unpack it so it can fit the overhead. AA had no problem charging me $50 for weight, I should have carried it onboard and unpacked it to fit the overhead. AA sucks and I will not fly with them again. They have no customer service and they nickel and dime all the people that abide by their rules and make you pay for the people that don't.

Nova
Prince Georges County, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2008 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Airlines/nationwide/American-Airlines-No-such-thing-as-customer-service-Nationwide-347543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Airlines

#1

Janes blind defense of a self righteous company

AUTHOR: Tony - (USA)

First off, for the amount AA charges they should not out source anything. especially customer service, which in my opinion, is the most important part of any business. And anyone that has dealt with this airline knows how far complaining about anything will get you. They could care less if your happy or not as long as they have already got your money.To address the checked baggage issue I agree, I saw the same "unpacking luggage to fit" situation just 2 days ago. It shouldnt be the customers responsiblity to police others, thats what the employees are there for.I fly this airline often for business only because I have limited choices out of my city. I constantly get overcharged and am forced to deal with rude self righteous employees. If more people would stand up for themselves then companys like this would not be in business. Remember, we are the customers, without us they would have no business. Ofcourse they would probably just recieve a "bailout" at our expense when they started doing bad cause no one would fly them, but...thats an entirely seperate issue I wont get into. To Jane, the person who responded. What, do you work for AA? It seems so, with all your nice little links to the website and blind defense of a poorly operated company. Curt responses by a woman sleeping on the job is unacceptable, thats why you dont out source work. Hmm..maybe Jane was the rude woman sitting at home answering your call, to lazy to get up and actually go to an office to work?

#2

Janes blind defense of a self righteous company

AUTHOR: Tony - (USA)

First off, for the amount AA charges they should not out source anything. especially customer service, which in my opinion, is the most important part of any business. And anyone that has dealt with this airline knows how far complaining about anything will not get you. They could care less if your happy or not as long as they have already got your money.To address the checked baggage issue I agree, I saw the same "unpacking luggage to fit" situation just 2 days ago. It shouldnt be the customers responsiblity to police others, thats what the employees are there for.I fly this airline often for business only because I have limited choices out of my city. I constantly get overcharged and am forced to deal with rude self righteous employees. If more people would stand up for themselves then companys like this would not be in business. Remember, we are the customers, without us they would have no business. Ofcourse they would probably just recieve a "bailout" at our expense when they started doing bad cause no one would fly them, but...thats an entirely seperate issue I wont get into. To Jane, the person who responded. What, do you work for AA? It seems so, with all your nice little links to the website and blind defense of a poorly operated company. Curt responses by a woman sleeping on the job is unacceptable, thats why you dont out source work. Hmm..maybe Jane was the rude woman sitting at home answering your call, to lazy to get up and actually go to an office to work?

AUTHOR: Jane - (U.S.A.)

I get it that you were unhappy with the customer service because they could not answer your questions, however, you do acknowledge that these were not even employees of American but some outsourced group and now you wont fly the airline????

Furthermore, I do not understand is how you blame American Airlines for the actions of another passenger!

If you were upset with the passengers actions, why didnt you a flight attendent?
If you were unhappy with the curt answers you got from someone you woke up at night, why not complain.

A few 'curt' answers does not reflect upon an entire airline. If you are that unhappy, please do NOT fly with American again. The passengers that would have had to sit next to you will all be greatful for your absence.