Complaint Review: American Airlines

• Updated: Mon, August 18, 2008

• Reported By:Oklahoma Oklahoma
American Airlines
www.aa.com Nationwide U.S.A.

American Airlines Who knows about refund policy among AA empolyees? How can the company let the employees deal with customers with no instruction.Only customers will suffer a lot of trouble. New York Nationwide

I can't believe what aa did to our party. We had a horrible car accident during vacation, and one of our party died. Even though the rest of the party scarcely got discharged from emergency room, some of us were still not good.
We had to return home in the middle of trip. When we got to the JFK airport, we asked aa emplyees to find return flight with the least penalty, because that was emergency. We turned our discharge papers in with the proof of car accident, but they even didn't see them and denied our request. When we called the customer service at the right time, they answered that they couldn't allow emergency case for domestic lines. As a result, we had to pay more than 380 $ per person for additional fee. We paid about 2,000$ for 5 persons. However, when I got home, and I felt stable, I searched their refund policy.
My case is obviously defined as an emergency. I called again to ask things to be done right, but they didn't agree. I am really upset. If so, why does the company have such refund policy. What should I do? Please help me. I get more upset at their attitude to the customers in need than anything else.

Skim
Oklahoma, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2008 08:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Airlines/nationwide/American-Airlines-Who-knows-about-refund-policy-among-AA-empolyees-How-can-the-company-le-364337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Airlines