Complaint Review: American Arms Engineering

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: Ripped off — Hastings Nebraska United States of America
American Arms Engineering
15850 27 mile road ray, Michigan United States of America

American Arms Engineering Ron Kontowky poor service, dishonest, misreprented product ray, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Great Service

*Consumer Comment: Are we getting the full story ?

Last year I sent a model 97 to american arms engineering to be restored and have modifications made to it.  I was promised a 2-3 month turn around.  I finally recieve the gun back almost 12 months later.

Aftert the fifth month Ron (with american arms engineering) stopped communicating with me.  He would not return phone calls, he would not answer emails.

Things promised:

2-3 month turn around - It took almost a year

full restoration of the wood - It looks similar to the way it looked when I sent it.

pictures of the process - he sent me pictures 1 time during the process just to prove it had been worked on.

Agreed upon price was raised $50 - I didnt even complain because I just wanted the gun back so that I could take it to a better company.

Only after recieving an email instructing them to stop work on the gun and send it back to me as is did the company respond.  They immediatley told me that the gun was finished and that they would send it immediately upon recieving the check.  They recieved the check, cashed the check and did not send the gun.  Only after recieving 3 emails over the course of 5 days asking for a tracking number, was the package sent.

Dishonest -  During an email exchange I asked if the gun had been shipped because the check had been cashed 5 days earlier.  The response was - "will ship immediately"  The gun was not shipped for three more days.  All of this occured in the middle of the business week.

The gun was eventually ship through the UPPS with no insurance.

early on in the project I was told on several occasions that the gun needed 2 weeks before it could be finished.  9 months later the gun was done.

The restoration of the gun cost over $700 dollars.  The metal on the gun was scratched all over when I recieved it.  I will be completely restoring the gun again myself.

Lesson learned.  I do not trust Ron Kontowsky or the company American Arms Engineering.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Arms-Engineering/ray-Michigan-/American-Arms-Engineering-Ron-Kontowky-poor-service-dishonest-misreprented-product-ray-1021011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Arms Engineering

Great Service

AUTHOR: David - ()

I have been taking gunsmithing work to American Arms Enginering for many years.  I have always receved great service and outstanding work.  I cannot reccomend them more highly.

Are we getting the full story ?

AUTHOR: Lee - ()

I have delt with a few different Gun smiths over the years and A.A.E has proven to be top notch and no one else will touch my firearms ever.I am not calling this fellas report a lie i do however have to question the condition of the pistol in question and why it might have taken so long to have it returned.I also know Ron is not the type to just the type to just let a half a*s job leave his store.And i also have to ask why there are no photos to back up the above complaint.

For a company thats been operating sence 1989 and to only have one negative review speeks volumes.