Complaint Review: American Auto Shield

American Auto Shield
Arvada, Colorado United States of America

American Auto Shield Scam Alert - America Auto Shield Arvada, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Wrong Company

Left a message to say my car warranty was expired. I am on Do Not call list.I called back and they asked if I was Chad Ha**** of Craig, Colorado. I played along and said yes even though that is not my name. The man said his name was Demetrious and his extension was 3004..

He asked me how many miles I had on my 2005 Chevy Cobalt (I don't own such a vehicle). I told him 76,000 miles. He said that might be a problem because the normal cut-off mileage was 70,000 miles. He asked me if I was the original owner and I
replied yes.

He asked me if I was retired and I told him yes (which is not true). He said he would check and came back to me and said he could extend my warranty for 4 years / 80,000 miles because I was the original owner and it would cover just about everything including water pump, free tow and a free rental car with a $100 deductible.

The price was $3546 for 4 years or $886 a year with a down payment of $495. I would be billed approximately $454 per month.

He said the company was called American Auto Shield   www.Americanautoshield.com and that the monthly charge would show up on my credit card as OmniShure.

He explained they have an A+ credit rating with the BBB.

Finally he asked for the down payment. I gave him a fake credit card number. When it didn't go through I told him I was having a problem with the fraud department at my bank because I had just been overseas. I told him I could place him on hold and resolve the matter with my bank in just a minute or two. He agreed and at this point I simply hung up. They called me back from 888-381-6879 but I did not pick up.

I intend to file this exact same complaint with the FTC but when I have done so in the past I have never heard back from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Auto-Shield/Arvada-Colorado-/American-Auto-Shield-Scam-Alert-America-Auto-Shield-Arvada-Colorado-995895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Auto Shield

Wrong Company

AUTHOR: Seriously? - (United States of America)