Complaint Review: American Auto Shield

American Auto Shield
5695 Yukon St Arvada, Colorado United States of America

American Auto Shield Broken Commitment Arvada, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: WRONG COMPANY

We currently have an extended warranty for our vehicles purchased through AW Autopro with Royal Administration Services. We have to fight to get Royal to cover their warranty so we started researching other extended warranty services. Our initial contact with American Auto Shield was impressive. We discussed the Platinum coverage and received a verbal quote. Our mechanic said he wasn't familiar with AAS & suggested the Infinity Warranty instead. The AAS sales rep said the policy would cost less on my husband's vehicle & that we probably wouldn't be happy with it but we trusted our 17+ year mechanic. After giving verbal permission only (did not sign any paperwork) on the Infinity policy the closing office rep sent us the coverage description & it definitely wasn't what we wanted. I called, leaving several messages for a call back. I finally got through, told them we didn't want the Infinity coverage & wanted to do more research. The sales rep's supervisor spoke with me and said they would "absorb" the difference in the Platinum coverage price. The next day he sends me an e-mail telling me it would be $1000 more than what we were paying and he couldn't "absorb" that much in order to accomodate me. Now the price verbally quoted on Feb 11, 2013, for the Platinum coverage for my car was $2800 and my husband's $2884. The Infinity (less coverage) was $2800 my car & $2635 on my husband's. Still can't figure how it can be $1000 difference. I responded to the supervisor's e-mail stating evidently him & his company don't honor their commitments and this also assured our belief there would be major problems in the event we had to file any claims on the policy coverage. We were searching for a company that had the integrity to abide their commitments. Even though I thoroughly investigated the company, felt it was the better, we see there is no integrity and ended the relationship in disappointment. We canceled the policies advising we expected a full refund of all monies. I remember a better world. It's a shame that people & companies no longer hold honor as a precedent. We are tremendously disappointed with our experience and want to advise others to be extremely careful when dealing with these people. Make sure you get a copy of the exact warranty coverage plan being quoted, read through it very very carefully to make sure it covers all areas of your vehicle that they are verbally telling you before agreeing to purchase any plan.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Auto-Shield/Arvada-Colorado-80002/American-Auto-Shield-Broken-Commitment-Arvada-Colorado-1024731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Auto Shield

WRONG COMPANY

AUTHOR: Company Rep - ()

This complaint should be made against the proper company, which is NOT American Auto Shield. AAS does not sell directly to consumers and does not offer verbal or written quotes to consumers if they contact us directly. Additionally, the complaint indicates that the consumer purchased an Infinity Warranty suggested by their mechanic, not an AAS service contract.