Supreme

Complaint Review: American Bankers Ins.

• Submitted: Wed, June 29, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, November 20, 2011

• Reported By: Paula — Dandridge Tennessee U.S.A.
American Bankers Ins.
P/O box 9770 Maryville, TN 37802 Internet United States of America

American Bankers Ins. Vanderbilt Mortgage / Home First Agency, Inc. Scam Artist , Internet

*Consumer Comment: American Bankers Ins Worthless

My Air unit had a leak and messed up the floor in my home, Storms came thru and hail broke the skylight in one of the bathrooms.  I called Home First Agency to report 2 claims and was informed that I would receive a call from my rep to set up someone to come out to inspect.  My air unit caught fire and thank God we were at home to put it out.  I called back to report it to the ins. agency and they sent out Northgate Heating and Air to inspect it.  THe inspector told us that the heat and the air was trying to work at the same time and the water leak caused it to short out.  He told us not to use the system and HE turned the breakers off in the house.  The second inspector came out to look at the skylight and reported that the entire roof needed to be replaced because of the hail damage.  Now, the ins. company is saying they will pay some of the roof and the floor repair from the water leak, but not the air unit which caused it all to start with.  I am a single parent of 3 and on a very limited budget.  I pay homeowners ins. for a reason - now, I don't know what for.  I am very disturbed by the entire situation and I am seeking legal advice.  The repairs will be much cheaper than the mental anguish and what the legal fees will cost.  I will push it, I have paid $1071.00 per year and never had a claim.  My house was in great condition until all this happened and now, I'm very stressed and upset over the entire ins. issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2011 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Bankers-Ins/internet/American-Bankers-Ins-Vanderbilt-Mortgage-Home-First-Agency-Inc-Scam-Artist-Inter-746844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Bankers Ins.

American Bankers Ins Worthless

AUTHOR: Kellie - (United States of America)

American Bankers Ins  that Vanderbilt Mortgage sells to you is not worth the paper it is written on.  They protect Vanderbilt and not you. Your best bet is to obtain your own insurance with an outside company such as , Foremost.