Complaint Review: American Banker's Insurance Company of Florida

• Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: Omar — California
American Banker's Insurance Company of Florida
23852 Network Place Chicago, Illinois USA

American Banker's Insurance Company of Florida Assurant Specialty Property Deceptive billing practices Chicago Illinois

I bought renter's insurance from this company for the duration of my lease (July 15, 2012 - July 15, 2013).  Since we bought a house, we no longer needed renter's insurance after our lease was up.  We were therefore surprised when we received a billing notice in the mail saying that we "have chosen to pay our insurance premiums through our easy and automatic bank deduction plan or by automatic deduction to your credit card."  I am sure that I never gave any true consent for automatic deduction as we had planned to buy a house before our lease was up.

The billing notice, however, already charged us on 7/16/13.  Even if this automatic billing notice was somehow in the "fine print," the company should not act in such an irresponsible manner and bill me for renter's insurance for an apartment I no longer reside in.  Now I have to spend some time figuring out how to cancel this "automatic deduction."  This company has given me angry.  Even worse, it has wasted my time.  I wrote this complaint in the hope that it would somehow make companies act in a more honest way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Bankers-Insurance-Company-of-Florida/Chicago-Illinois-60673/American-Bankers-Insurance-Company-of-Florida-Assurant-Specialty-Property-Deceptive-bill-1069228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Banker's Insurance Company of Florida

mixture