Complaint Review: American Bankers Insurance Company

• Updated: Thu, July 12, 2012

• Reported By: Teresa — Macksburg Ohio United States of America
American Bankers Insurance Company
PO Box 979220 Miami, Florida United States of America

American Bankers Insurance Company Assurant Specialty Property Renters Insurance Miami, Florida

I added renter's insurance through Geico, and I paid my policy amount for the year and now that I have filed a claim due to storms that swept through my area they are giving me a total run around about what is and is not covered.

The power surges have pretty well "fried" my refrigerator, well they want all sorts of information from the landowner stating that the appliance was not here when I moved in and all that. Well I lost all the food I had in 2 refrigerators and they refuse to give anything for the spoiled food because it WAS a widespread power outage, but they told me if it was an outage that only affected my property then they would cover it.

One refrigerator in my house does work, but it smells so horrible that I can't stand to open it so I'm stuck with a refrigerator that is not even near fully functional because these people don't want to cover it and not to mention there isn't much food in my house for myself, my husband, or our three small children to eat because we don't have the money to replace the food and it's pointless to replace it at this point just so it could spoil some more food.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2012 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Bankers-Insurance-Company/Miami-Florida-33197/American-Bankers-Insurance-Company-Assurant-Specialty-Property-Renters-Insurance-Miami-F-911093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Bankers Insurance Company