- Report: #262472
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: American Beauties Plus Pageant
American Beauties Plus Pageant4020 Megan Road Duluth, Georgia U.S.A.
American Beauties Plus Pageant Beware, this could be total scam and money drain, Angela Howell money-grubbing CON ARTIST Duluth Georgia
*Consumer Comment: Recind all positives said about Angela
*Consumer Comment: I will be forever grateful to American Beauties Plus and Angela Howell!
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Final Say in this Matter
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This is getting ridiculous
*UPDATE Employee: Not a Rip Off - Am a former delegate and also a delegate for 2008
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not true
*Consumer Comment: Angela Howell- Friend, Leader, and Activist
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
There is an entry fee of $550.00 to enter the pageant before receiving your crown/banner. In addition, contestants are required to sell advertisements in the pageant's program book, for another fee per page. There are also optionals which consist of talent, portfolio, photogenic, etc, along with a Calendar Girl contest, and additional fees for travel expenses, meals for guests, and the like, which I thought nothing about, since this is standard procedure for a lot of pageants.
However, after looking into this further, I not only began to find these fees quite exorbitant in comparison to some of the pageants I have participated in the past of the same--if not better--quality, but also find it disturbing that all fees must be made out to the director, Mrs. Angela Howell, rather than the pageant company itself. I also find it disturbing that a home address is listed for the pageant as well as a personal PayPal account rather than a professional office/account.
In addition, I recently communicated with two other people that, after paying fees, this pageant wanted even MORE money from them! Then, wouldn't you know after coming on here to do a search, I find a report dated March 19, 2007 by a former contestant that the results had been predetermined and rigged anyway!
Ladies, especially those full figured, PLEASE do your research before entering pageants, especially via the Internet. LEGIT pageants usually follow these procedures:
1. They have an OFFICE or a PO box designated for pageant-related business only.
2. They have their PayPal/eBay accounts set up for pageant-related business accounts only. NEVER personal ones!
3. NEVER send anything made out to the director or anyone else! Make it out to the pageant itself, especially certified checks and money orders! Otherwise, it has RIP OFF written all over it!
4. If they ask for more money outside of the fees printed on the site, DON'T DO IT!
5. DON'T SIGN ANYTHING if you are in doubt.
And especially, stay away from THIS pageant! These people are money-grubbing, con artists to the bone!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2007 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Beauties-Plus-Pageant/Duluth-Georgia-30086/American-Beauties-Plus-Pageant-Beware-this-could-be-total-scam-and-money-drain-Angela-Ho-262472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.