Complaint Review: American Body Works

• Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By: Henry — Douglasville Georgia United States of America
American Body Works
5886 Wendy Bagwell Pkwy Suite 107 Hiram, Georgia United States of America

American Body Works in Hiram, GA and Villa Rical, Georgia Unethical Business Practice. Beware...yearly contract scam Hiram, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Scam Artists

This company continued to bill me after the yearly membership. My wife and son went in on two different occasions to notify them that we where moving and that our yearly membership was over, to please stop drafting from our bank.  Both employees stated that there was nothing we needed to do and that the membership would cancel automatically and they would stop the monthly draft.

This company continued to draft a monthly fee after the year so I contact the manager whos name is Donna.  Donna had a very stern and matter of fact non customer service attitude and stated that she would NOT refund our money and that we would be required to provide something in writing despite that we went into this gym of two occasions and was communicated incorrect information.  Donna did not take ownership of this situation and was not seeing things from a customers perspective.  As a result this company kept money for services not rendered.

This kind of practice is unethical and not customer focused.  Donna did not take ownership for her poorly trained staff.  We believe this to be a scam and a way for the company to deal unfairly with the public.  Not to mention the poor customer service rendered by Donna and her staff.

We are pursuing measures to make the market aware of their unethical practices and have many media outlets including a local news network who wants to do a story on this.

For anybody considering American Body works, I would strongly advise using another Gym and staying clear of this company.  By the way, I asked to speak with the owner and Donna also refused to provide me the contact information for me to appeal.  This represents the signs of a scam and is a way that American Body Works scams its customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Body-Works/Hiram-Georgia-3014/American-Body-Works-in-Hiram-GA-and-Villa-Rical-Georgia-Unethical-Business-Practice-Be-1015858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Body Works

Scam Artists

AUTHOR: Patricia - ()

I became a member of this gym in Hiram, Ga back in Oct 2010, my contract was for 36 and they still charged me the monthly fee even after my contract expired. I wrote to National Fitness about canceling my membership, and they are still trying to get money out of me by saying I still owe for the maintances fees.  I dont think they can do that without a vaild contract. Now they have moved my accountt ot a collections agency, and they are threatening to take me to court. I am confident I have enough proof to win!

RE: Last poster....if you already have legal action against them I would be willing to go in with you and we can fight them together.