Complaint Review: American Broadcasting School

• Updated: Sat, May 11, 2013

• Reported By: VoiceGuy — Plano Texas
American Broadcasting School
4511 Se 29th St. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA

American Broadcasting School A Rip Off A School In The Highest Order Oklahoma City Oklahoma

*Author of original report: An Expected Plant

*Consumer Comment: You get out what you put in.

ABS is a mill, a money mill that is, for those that own this institution. After spending many thousands of dollars for instruction in radio broadcasting at this school, this school was a major waste of money. Outside of learning the fundamentals, when it came to actual instruction in real world, on-air practices, instructors often gave error filled advice and information.

I have actually verified that this is incorrect with local stations.  This school also fails in its post grad placement assistance, it is almost nill. You actually are handed a list of listings and job web sites to look at, that is not placement assistance, anyone could do that on their own.

I hope to stop anyone from pursuing an education at this institution. Instead, go to your local community college for an enormous amount less that offers a radio program or a more economical school, they are out there.

My money has already been wasted but I hope to stop others from making same mistake. This coming from someone with some limited success in the voice over world. If you yourself are looking to get into voice overs and have the raw talent, find an expert to guide you and get a good demo, you do not need a school, definately not this one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2013 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Broadcasting-School/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma/American-Broadcasting-School-A-Rip-Off-A-School-In-The-Highest-Order-Oklahoma-City-Oklah-1050126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Broadcasting School

An Expected Plant

AUTHOR: VoiceGuy - ()

This rebuttal was actually anticipated. ABS has sent one of their plants, again, to counterattack my claims, my valid claims.  I will NEVER back down or give up spreading the word about this waste of a school. There are quite a few that feel the way I do. This has nothing to do with not having the right stuff when some of us have had success in the voice business. Again that is just their way of attacking the attackers.

You get out what you put in.

AUTHOR: hamass - ()

The American Broadcasting School has been in buisness for over 40 years and has ex-students working all over the united states.  (Including me)

If a person isnt talented enough or didnt put out the right effort or expected to come out of school and replace Kidd Craddock with unrealistic expectations...you will be dissatisfied.

I took a small job in a small market and worked my way up...now i work in the 5th largest market in the US. using the things I learned in school.   I was told to treat school like a job...NOT like highschool and i would be a successful student as well as a broadcaster.

Basically the school gives you back what you put in it.. my experioence was the instructors were always there helping me become as good as I could be. They can't force a station to hire me or get me a job , but they got me ready and pointed me in the right direction.

Me and hundreds of other broadcasters recommend the school.

shouldnt