Complaint Review: American Camera And Camcorder Repair

• Submitted: Wed, March 18, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 18, 2009

• Reported By:Anytown California
American Camera And Camcorder Repair
1220 N Lindell Ave. Fayetteville, Arkansas U.S.A.

American Camera And Camcorder Repair, Gene Peranich Infuriating! Your Camera WILL NOT get fixed!!! Fayetteville Arkansas

I should have checked out this company more before I shipped him my camera, I had almost the exact same experience as the other person who has filed a report on this company. At first Gene Peranich, the "repairman" behind it all, was very easy to get ahold of and got back to me promptly. Then I sent him my camera.

First UPS had to try 3 times to deliver it, reporting each time that nobody was around to pick it up. Then it finally got delivered....and nothing. No diagnosis within 3-5 business days, as promised. I couldn't get ahold of him by phone and he didn't respond to emails.
Finally I got word from him and his excuse was that there was an ice storm, but he should be up and running within a few days. The next time I heard from him was a MONTH later! he said "We have tried to call you several times with the repair price and your phone either rings or is busy."

Funny, everyone else gets through! We have an answering machine and call waiting. I told him to just send me my camera back, as I had sent it to him at the end of December and it was at that point the end of February. At this point he was suddenly very available and answered his phone and emails again, trying to convince me to let him repair it!

I told him to send it back and he told me that he had to disassemble it and get the new parts out!! I gave NO repair authorization, and his website states that no repair will be done without authorization!! I was very upset, because at this point I don't trust this guy to be messing around with my 1,000.00 camera!

I had him send it back, he had me pay the $47 fee (and couldn't remember his own paypal address during this process.) After I send the paypal, I hear nothing....no tracking number, no confirmation of receiving payment. I sent an email requesting a tracking number, and the camera arrived before his response did. This was just a few days ago, March 12.

He said "We will remove the new parts and reassemble your camcorder. Being a high quality 3 CCD unit, we are surprised you didn't want it repaired."

Gene, I do want it repaired. Just not by you!!!!

Anonymous
Anytown, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2009 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Camera-And-Camcorder-Repair/Fayetteville-Arkansas-72703/American-Camera-And-Camcorder-Repair-Gene-Peranich-Infuriating-Your-Camera-WILL-NOT-get-435323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Camera And Camcorder Repair