Complaint Review: American Car Center

American Car Center
3311 Elvis Presley Blvd Memphis, Tennessee United States of America

American Car Center Lease Ripoff Memphis, Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: Management Response

Monday, December 3, 2012,  I went out to look for a car.  My cousin at Toyota referred me to Mt Moriah Auto Sales,  I talked to the guy I was referred to, he took my info and told me that I was approved for a car.  Well my cousin was thinking that since I am approved for a car, I dont have to put down a down payment.  They wanted 1200 and all I had is 500.  I was going to trade it in but was told that I was not going to get much for the car.  So I was referred to another car place called American Car Center on EP.  Well I ended up leasing another car again.  2006 Dodge Stratus with 27000 miles on it, 44 months at $424 monthly.  I get 2 years warranty and 2 years of free oil change.  I was told by so many that was a bad deal and too much for a car.  I thought about taking it back and get my money but was told that I can take it back but will be sued for the balance. It is not even 24 hours.  Something is fishy with the low mileage on the car and it is 2006.  SOmething wrong.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Car-Center/Memphis-Tennessee-38116/American-Car-Center-Lease-Ripoff-Memphis-Tennessee-978315. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Car Center

Management Response

AUTHOR: American Car Center Management - ()

The management of American Car Center respectfully disagrees with this post. While anonymous posts on the internet are difficult to respond to appropriately because we have no way of knowing the actual source, we want all our customers and potential customers to know that our very popular leasing program is fully disclosed on the front end of all transactions, contrary to this poster's claims.

Our leasing program is a win-win for all involved and allows us to offer the lowest mileage, most recent model vehicles that customers want.  Also, importantly, all of our customers have the option of owning the vehicle after the lease term; we believe that we get our customers to ownership status for less money and more car than any other traditional buy-here-pay-here dealerships in our markets.

More importantly, we fully encourage all our customers to come and talk to us about any complaints or problems they may have. We have an awesome complaint resolution process and strive to improve it every day.  American Car Center cares about our customers' experience!