Complaint Review: American Careers

• Reported By: Anne — Port St. Lucie Florida
American Careers
1220 Race Street Room #6399, Baltimore, MD 21230 Baltimore, Maryland USA

American Careers Leary of this Listing and read some reports Baltimore Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Are you looking for help/work?

This potential source of employment appeared in my e-mail, like so many others who have here written. I did call the number, and listened to the rather lengthy message that finally got around to asking for $39.00, which caused me alarm, so I started checking. I cannot say that I can comfortably send in money after reading the experiences of others.

I have seen the rebuttals, though, and I do have a suggestion that really could make everyone happy. Why not have the airlines promise to pay the $39.00 to AmericanCareers for every person they do hire as a direct result of the "Help and assistance" provided by Amer. Careers?  For many people out of work, $39.00 is a week's worth of groceries, is a big decision, and causes hardship if not recovered.

In the alternative, AmericanCareers can set up an escrow fund of some type to guarantee people get their money back. Checks and money orders would not be cashed unless and until the person has secured employment, again, as a direct result of the services offered by AmericanCareers.

Another alternative, one I really like, is to make the application packet, instructional materials and any and everything else this $39.00 covers, available online for free. Why the mystery of waiting for a packet, for days in some cases? A $39.00 fee cannot be covering the salaries of any staff at American Careers. It is a tiny fee easily absorbed by the Airline hiring the person. OR-even asking the new employee to take $20.00 out of the first paycheck to cover this $39.00 fee that apparently AmericanCareers considers crucial to themselves.

If AmericanCareers can truly assist, that is fantastic. If the success of an applicant depends on his or her own diligence, then this of course must be factored in. It is simply the better practice where the party with the power-i.e. an Airline, or a nationwide website employment agency, cover the upfront cost of application for people in a diminished economic status.

By seeing the papers online, perhaps watermarked if need be, AmericanCareers can also save all that money on mailing out all that paper.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Careers/Baltimore-Maryland-21230/American-Careers-Leary-of-this-Listing-and-read-some-reports-Baltimore-Maryland-1052925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Careers

Are you looking for help/work?

AUTHOR: HardWorkerRYou? - ()

You listened to a message right?  Why pound on the way that a business operates if they are actually helping a consumer?  I called the number and heard the same message.  I called the # that Yvonne has listed on other complaints.  I spoke with a counselor named Joe.  He didn't try to sell me on American Careers.  He simply told me what the business practices were and wished me the best of luck in my career search if I decided not to go with American Careers.  How can I possibly call that a rip off?  I can't.  I wasn't pressured for $ that I possibly might not have.  The bottom line is that it is my decision as to what I want to do.  Just as it is yours.  Businesses have the right to advertise any way that they choose, as long as they are giving the product that has been promised.  The consumer is getting what they are told that they are going to get.  If you don't want to pay for assistance... don't.  Go through the process on your own.  You might succeed you might not.   AND THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE!!!