Complaint Review: American Cash Advance

• Updated: Wed, May 25, 2011

• Reported By: Mary — Boulder Colorado United States of America
American Cash Advance
Boulder, Colorado United States of America

American Cash Advance American Law Group claimed I owed over $700 and would be served an arrest warrant charging me with fraud Boulder, Colorado

I have received numerous calls at work claiming I am being criminally charged with applying for a loan on-line with no intention of paying it back and that when they tried to collect the money it was denied by my bank.

They are very threatening and intimidating. Claim they are a law firm, American Law Group, and want to advise me that an arrest warrant is being issued and I will be charged with felonies and probably lose my job and it will destroy my credit. They are also heavily accented and hard to understand.

They say they will possibly be able to stop legal action if I pay within 1/2 hour and write a letter stating that I owe this money.

I think I've received several similar calls and my workplace now tells them they are reporting them to the police for harassing phone calls.

We hope that will stop the calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2011 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Cash-Advance/Boulder-Colorado-/American-Cash-Advance-American-Law-Group-claimed-I-owed-over-700-and-would-be-served-an-a-733027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Cash Advance