criticism

• Updated: Thu, March 20, 2014

• Reported By: Valerie — Combined Locks Wisconsin
American Cash Award
, Select State/Province USA

American Cash Award Mark JamesMr. Thomas Lewis Called and said I won 5.5 million dollars and a new BMX and wanted me to send them a registration fee of $199. When I told them that I was in SS and told thme I could only send them maybe $50.00, they were fine with that. Course I knew it was a scam so wanted to report this. South Bend Indiana

Received a phone call from someone named Mark James and had an accent and sounded Jamaican. Said I won 5.5 million dollars from American Cash Award (Donald Trump). He began telling me I would have to register and my cash prize would be sent today via UPS. The regisration fee would be 199.00 and it was to be sent to a Mr. Thoman Lewis out of South Bend, Indiana. I told them I was on Social Security and I would no way beable to afford that, I was then asked if I had a credit card and told him no. So he then(Mark James) asked what could I afford and when could I send it and then I would recieve my check via UPS. I knew it was a scam as I immediately did some research on the internet and noticed the number area code is out of Kingston, Jamaica. A number he gave me to verify that this was legite was 876-846-9013, I dialed it and did not get through as it said not available. The number Mark called me on is 1-876-793-3509. I then told him it would be approx. 1 hour that I would beable to send them only 50.00, he said he would return my call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Cash-Award/Select-StateProvince/American-Cash-Award-Mark-JamesMr-Thomas-Lewis-Called-and-said-I-won-55-million-dollars-a-1126380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Cash Award