Complaint Review: American Cash Awards

• Submitted: Wed, February 06, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 02, 2009

• Reported By:Denham Springs Louisiana
American Cash Awards
americancashawards.com Golden, Colorado U.S.A.

American Cash Awards ,TFTF Magazine ripoff - lying sales reps Golden Colorado/traveling Sales People Colorado

*Author of original report: do you work for them?

*Consumer Comment: try reading what you sign

*Author of original report: No license!

OMG! These people are unbelievable. There were 2 girls *Sunny Beams* and her sister *Helen Beams* who showed up on my door step at noon on January 26, 2008. They explained how they were in highschool & working for a trip to Mexico by selling magazines. I explained how I wasn't quite ready to fit this into my budget, but if they'd come back in a couple of weeks... They offered to hold the check for 2 weeks, so I agreed. I post-dated the check for February 9th. I was tender hearted & agreed to buy a 4 year subscription to HOME magazine. On February 4th, my check cleared the bank! Also, I checked online & AmericanCashAwards.com website was down.

When I called them, they "did not have my order entered" and were very rude. I asked why I was lied to & they said it wasn't them, but Face to Face Inc. I asked for a phone number to Face to Face, but they said they were under contract to NOT give out that info. They gave a PO Box I could write & MAYBE they might give a refund. According to them, they took the points away from *Sunny Beams* and also took another 4000 points away. I asked for someone to contact me from Fact to Face, to no satisfaction. When I asked for their business license # they refused to give it & said I could contact the Colorado Secretary of State for that information. I asked if they were licensed to do business in my state & they claimed to be protected by the Federal Trade Commission.

AVOID THESE PEOPLE AT ALL COSTS!!

Nealisa
Denham Springs, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2008 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Cash-Awards/Golden-Colorado/American-Cash-Awards-TFTF-Magazine-ripoff-lying-sales-reps-Golden-Coloradotraveling-Sa-306769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Cash Awards

do you work for them?

AUTHOR: Nealisa - (U.S.A.)

I find your comment about me not being able to afford this very offensive. I did not buy anything I couldn't afford... I am a responsible person who makes out a budget and lives by it. I put some of my pay in checking and some of my pay goes into a savings account. If I didn't have the money in my account, I would not have wrote the check. Nobody's worth ruining my credit or my good name.

I own my home... not the bank. I own my car... not the bank. Don't assume a budget means someone's broke.
Regardless, I would like for the sales people I do business with to be HONEST!

Also, I have called many times now to have them send me the magazine I paid for and they will not return my calls. Buyer beware.

try reading what you sign

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

i am sorry to hear that you were miss informed about the processing of your check but if you would have read the reciept (contract) you signed before you signed it you would have seen that in the first sentence it clearly states in bold print "checks are deposited immediatly" and futher more in my opion you should not buy things you cannot afford. Also you need to check and find out if your town requires them to have a peddlers licence because not all places require them. granted the girl did misinform you but you as a customer had a responsibilty to read the contract and its terms before you inter into it.

No license!

AUTHOR: Nealisa - (U.S.A.)

Today I discovered that American Cash Awards & Face to Face Technologies do NOT have a peddler's license in my parrish. When I called to inform American Cash Awards, they said that they're protected by the Federal Trade Comission. Needless to say... that's a lie. Just like everything else. They requested I send them a copy of the receipt & they will issue a refund. We'll see.