Complaint Review: American Cash Awards

• Reported By: Pam — Atoka Tennessee United States of America
American Cash Awards
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

American Cash Awards Peter Rodgers Ha! didn't get me! Las Vegas, Nevada

I got a phone call this evening from Peter Rodgers of American Cash Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada. He told me through either credit card rewards, sweepstakes entry, or a couple of other events I had won 2.5 million dollars and a Mercedes Benz. I figured it was probably a scam but was interrupted by my other phone, got his phone number to call him back (876-354-9601). Instead of calling him back I went on the internet and found out that company had gone out of business and his number is listed as Jamaican.  While I was doing that I received a phone call from a man named "David Kennedy" with a thick Jamaican accent telling me he was in customs at UPS, was in my state to deliver my prizes tomorrow and asked if I had  the confirmation number.   I told him I didn't get one.  He asked for the phone number of who called but wouldn't give me his number to verify it was right and told me I needed to call Peter back soon. Also, that there were tax fees for the attorney general in my state I would have to pay. Later I received a phone call from "Peter".  When I confronted him with the information I got online he reassured me the company was legitimate and I should be weary of scams and that's why the company re-opened "privately". And furthermore, I should not tell anyone about winning. But UPS will deliver tomorrow after I talk to David and give him a code he gave me. Then I will be escorted to my bank to cash the check.  I told him the only problem with this is I work banker's hours.  He said David would call me before I go to work tomorrow.  I'm having fun.  Guess I'm bored.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2012 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Cash-Awards/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/American-Cash-Awards-Peter-Rodgers-Ha-didnt-get-me-Las-Vegas-Nevada-899479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Cash Awards