suite

• Updated: Tue, May 06, 2014

• Reported By: Mac5524 — Elizabethtown Kentucky
American Cash Awards
Internet USA

American Cash Awards Ben Johnson was the person that contacted me Congratulations, you are our third place winner. You have won $750,000 dollars and a 2014 Mercedez Benz Color White. You have won this prize from either magazines ordered, paying your bills on time, and/or shopping with a debit card. Nationwide

Your package number is AD27US pulled from Batch #8401903DT. I am calling to assist you with receiving your winnings. In order to receive your winnings you must purchase from the dollar store a Green Dot Money Pak Scratch Card in the amount of $495.00. Once you have done this we will deliver your winnings to you personally. Someone will excort you to your local bank to complete the transaction.

Received a phone call from Mr. Ben Johnson, He had an accent in his voice. He informed me he was calling me from American Cash Awards. Congratulations You have won $750,000 dollars and a 2014 Mercedez Benz White in Color. You were a thrid place winner. You won this prize either because of paying your bills and taxes on time, magazine purchases or shopping with you debit card. Your package number is AD27US which was drawn from Batch #8401903DT.

In order to receive your winnings you must have two forms of ID, be a United States Citizen and have a bank account. Asked me some personal questions such as are you married or single, do you want your winnings delivered in private or publicly, over age 18 etc. Then he went on to state that I needed to go to a Dollar Store and purchase a Green Dot Money Pak Scratch Card in the amount of $495.00 in order for my winnings to be delivered.

I was speaking to him on my cordless phone, When he stated I had to pay this amount of money I decided to google the company, Then I read all of these similar complaints and was convinced it was a scam because they were charging me money. I told him I was not interested in the winnings and informed him of what I was reading about the company. He assured me he was honest and was not lying about anything; there are bad comments about all companies and I assure you this will not happen to you. I told him I was not interested and finally had to hang up on him.

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to share your stories. Were it not for your stories I would have fallen for the scam because I was excited, broke and he sounded like everything was on the up and up. The RED FLAG was the request for me to pay money to receive a prize that according to Ben Johnson I had already won. He became very defensive when I told him all of the negative complaints I was reading on the Internet about them which convinced me it was definitely a scam. The phone number he called me from was 1-876-396-6601. If you call the number someone will answer but they do not say, American Cash Awards or present themselves as a legitimate professional business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Cash-Awards/internet/American-Cash-Awards-Ben-Johnson-was-the-person-that-contacted-me-Congratulations-you-ar-1144417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Cash Awards