Complaint Review: American Cash Rewards

• Submitted: Wed, March 02, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, March 02, 2011

• Reported By: Cheryl — Boardman Ohio U.S.A.
American Cash Rewards
Boardman, Ohio United States of America

American Cash Rewards, Cheryl You are a winner with "American Cash Rewards" you've won A 2011 Mercedes, and 2.5 million dollars approved by: the United States Secretary of State. Boardman, Ohio

This is actually the second call we have received, with-in the past month. First time the callers of this "fabulous" award was from Washington DC. Said: I had received a "grant" for 1 million dollars and all they needed to know was what I will spend it on, Secondly, this was "government approved, and they needed to send it to my bank - direct deposit! So, I just said, "right" and hung up.

Today, March 2nd 6:00pm we get a call, the guy had a broken ...maybe spanish accent. Asked had I received any calls recently about Cash Rewards? I instantly knew.. OK here we go again. So I said, "No, why did I win something"? (This time I wanted to get a name if possible and number) Well he went on to say that I had won a 2011 Mercedes, and 2.5 million dollar cvheck, and would also receive 500,000 cash! Imagine that! I said I'm excited! What do you need from me? So he started asking questions like... how much do you earn a year? (They ask that question to determine how much they will try and ask for up front.

Do you have a checkings account, what about a savings? Do you have any CD's? Married? Yes, yes, yes to all those questions. He says he will need for us to pay $2500 for the tax on the mercedes before they can send it, and that I would receive the 2.5 million dollar check at the time of the car delivery - but we HAVE to do paperwork first! I say, "Well, ok let me get my husband from outdoors first - I will need to talk to him." (I already know he is going to ask for the banking account number" as before). Before he actually asked that question I said...

Well can I please have your number, and name to call you back after I talk with my husband? He paused, and then said... "yes". He said, call me right back just to be sure you wrote down my phone number ok. I said "ok" I will call you back. " I did. I called him back and he answered. So I said, "Ok I wrote down the number correctly, and your name again - I'm sorry? He provided his name, and is waiting on my call. He is waiting for me to convince my husband to send him $500 (not 2500 dollars). I guess he assumed we must be poor, and dropped the "money we need to send now from 2500 to 500 it's your guess. I assured him I will call back with the approval.  NOT!

HIS PHONE IS: 876-351-1661 and the name he provided was: Dameion Brown

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2011 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Cash-Rewards/Boardman-Ohio-44512/American-Cash-Rewards-Cheryl-You-are-a-winner-with-American-Cash-Rewards-youve-won-A-701879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Cash Rewards