Complaint Review: American Cellars Wine Club

• Updated: Tue, June 12, 2012

• Reported By: Ron — Baltimore Maryland United States of America
American Cellars Wine Club
822 Hampshire Rd Suite E Westlake Village, California United States of America

American Cellars Wine Club Excessive charges to my credit card without authorization Westlake Village, California

I joined the American Cellars Wine Club on Jan 14 and received a shipment of 6 bottles of wine for a total charge of $41.94 on my credit card.  I called  and changed my order to a quarterly shipment instead of a monthly shipment.  At the end of May I was informed by mail that I would be charged a membership fee of 30.00 per year.  I called on Jun 4 and cancelled my membership.  I received my credit card bill yesterday and had charges of $30.00 for membership fee and charges of $125.09 for 6 bottles of wine which I did receive.  This charge of $125.09 for 6 bottles of wine is $20.85 per bottle not including the $30.00 membership fee.  I called on Jun 4 and spoke to Danielle about the charges and received no help.  She informed my request would have to be sent her superior and I would receive an answer by the end of the day.  So far, no response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 07:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Cellars-Wine-Club/Westlake-Village-California-91361/American-Cellars-Wine-Club-Excessive-charges-to-my-credit-card-without-authorization-West-896267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Cellars Wine Club