Complaint Review: American Central Transport

• Reported By: chris — santa barbara California United States of America
American Central Transport
1700 E. Old State Rpute 210 Liberty, Missouri United States of America

American Central Transport Scam artist and thieves Liberty, Missouri

American Central Transport is a lease purchase trucking company that will rob you blind. Below, you will find just a few things I experienced first hand.

On day one, the truck I was to lease, was kept hidden from me until orientation was over, and I found out why the hard way. I had leased a 2010 KW T660 that was only two years old. One of the things that was done to the truck before I took possession of it, was the APU was removed and replaced with a re-built that they called eight years old. Turned out, they pulled off the one that had been on it to put on a company truck and I was stuck with the re-built that broke down every 2-4 weeks. The truck itself, was a total lemon that had all kinds of pre-existing problems that they knew about but before I received the truck. I asked over and over for close to a year to see the maintainence records and always got the same answer, "sure you can see them, just not right now". I eventually complained to anyone in the office that would listen and the most common answers I got was "you broke it, it's your fault" to "quit, we don't care". Now, the maintenance shop here is a nightmare all in its own. If you bring your truck in for repair, they generally will not fix it, charge you (they also keep you on their clock for their lunch breaks), then have you bring it back a week later so they can charge you again. For example, one coolant leak took four trips to their shop to fix. When all was said and done, I lost $40,000 here in ten months and I was, what my dispatcher said, "one of our best drivers". I would hate to see how they treat their just ok drivers. There are other things to write about, unpaid tolls, 500 mile weeks, threats from the operations manager for absolutely no reason, but I will just leave it at this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Central-Transport/Liberty-Missouri-64068/American-Central-Transport-Scam-artist-and-thieves-Liberty-Missouri-849018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Central Transport