Complaint Review: American Circulation Enterprises

• Updated: Thu, July 14, 2011

• Reported By: MamaB — Frederick Maryland United States of America
American Circulation Enterprises
586 Pine Ridge Harold, Kentucky United States of America

American Circulation Enterprises Progressive Readers Organization Magazine Scam Harold, Kentucky

*Consumer Comment: Next time

Opened the door one sunny afternoon to a young man who took awhile to get to his spiel due to his "turrets," or so he said. When he finally told me that he was selling magazines I politely told him that I was not interested but he would not take no for an answer, even as my young children screamed for attention from the house.

I asked pointed questions about the prices and told him I could get it cheaper elsewhere and he kept going on about how I was helping him out if I were to buy a subscription. This carried on for at least 20 minutes and I should've just gone inside and shut the door but seeing how he had a "disability" I found it hard to be so callous. Then it occurred to me that I would place an order and promptly cancel it.

I wrote a check, relieved to finally get him out of my hair and get back to my kids. Once he left I read the cancellation policy and followed it to a T. I sent a written notice of cancellation out that same day.

A month later this company "Progressive Readers Organization" cashes the check...for my cancelled order. My phone calls to the company go unanswered and my messages unreturned. Not surprised.

I've filed a complaint with the BBB. I also managed to find the salesman on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=519055521), through the company's Facebook page - which only has 8 likes (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Progressive-Readers-Organization-LLC/207101442644159). Their web site is a joke - hosted free through a web site called Wix.com. http://www.wix.com/prollc0/prollc#!

This isn't a company or an organization. It is just a bunch of kids who like to party and in order to support their lifestyle, they will scam whoever to achieve it. I had a hunch not to do it and didn't act on it. I haven't been scammed in a long time, but thanks to this I am back on my game!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2011 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Circulation-Enterprises/Harold-Kentucky-41635/American-Circulation-Enterprises-Progressive-Readers-Organization-Magazine-Scam-Harold-Ke-753166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Circulation Enterprises

Next time

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

just have the guy mow your yard etc.

Don't expect it to be easy to stop a check.  These guys won't and your bank will most likely charge at least $10.

Just make up a card number to give em, or if you do give em the right number, report it stolen.