Complaint Review: American Classic Bakery

• Updated: Tue, November 15, 2011

• Reported By: Andy — Townsend Georgia United States of America
American Classic Bakery
Linden, New Jersey 07036 Internet United States of America

American Classic Bakery Fernando's Bakery Toxic Gourmet Whoopie Pies Internet, Internet

On November 11th, 2011 my wife and I purchased an American Classic Bakery "Gourmet Whoopie Pie" at a convenience store in Shellman's Bluff Georgia. My wife took a bite and gave it to me and I took a bite. Instantly both of us said there is something wrong with this dessert. It had a heavy chemical smell and tasted toxic. We both had swallowed a bite of the dessert and the after taste remained for almost 2 hours. I belched excessively and could taste the heavy chemical smell. We immediately upon tasting the tainted product returned to the convenience store to warn them that there was definitely something wrong with this product. They offered us a refund but we said no and decided to hold on to the remainder of the product in case we got violently ill. The convenience store clerk immediately gathered up the remaining product and removed it from the shelf. We attempted to contact the company on Saturday but there was no answer machine. I did make contact today and was told that the lady who handles such matters was out to lunch and she would call me back. No call yet. My wife and I are concerned about what was in that product and what did we injest? Was the Gourmet Whoopie Pie tainted with some toxic chemical that could affect our health? If anyone has any advice on where you can get this product analyzed and to see what was in it, that information would be appreciated. I would advise everyone to avoid eating this dessert!!! YUCK!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2011 06:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Classic-Bakery/internet/American-Classic-Bakery-Fernandos-Bakery-Toxic-Gourmet-Whoopie-Pies-Internet-Internet-798412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Classic Bakery