Complaint Review: American Closing Solutions

• Updated: Fri, June 21, 2013

• Reported By: Nena — Hacienda Heights California
American Closing Solutions
625 N. Euclid St. Louis, Missouri USA

American Closing Solutions American Closing Solutions ripped us off for a total or $5200.00 along with Summit Management Services who were the first to call us for an incredible offer of selling our timeshare at the Mayan Resort. St. Louis Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*General Comment: Timeshare Resale Scams

We were contacted by Summit Management Service in January 2013 telling us he had a buyer who was ready to buy our timeshare in the amount of 59,957.00 and that we didn't have to put any money down for selling it because they would collect a commission of 8% of the total when the property was sold. We were so ignorant that we agreed.

About two days later we receive a call from their closing compay American Closing Solutions telling us that the buyer had deposited with American closing Solutions a total of 59,957.00 for the concept of 100% of the purchase price plus 100%of the reimbursement of the transfer fee, which meant that we had to come up with $5200 of supposely "Title Transfer" and again we submitted the payment of $5200 because the offer seemed so good and in our minds everything was turning out good (little did we know).

When we became doubtfull was when they threw us a curve ball stating that our property had a red flag which they had never witnessed before. According to them the mexican government wanted us to pay government taxes before the property could be sold. They now were asking for about $10,000 for taxes. Of course we didn't pay it we told them all our saving were already in there hand and we had no more money. The representative then told us that he would try and see what he could do for us. One day later he calls me and state we would only have to come up with $4,804.64 (which we didn't pay).

I did my own investigating and found out that neither company had a business license or property license. I called them on it and Mr. Romero told me it was against company policy to give me that information.

On March 1, 2013 we decided to cancel the agreement and yet another curve ball. In our agreement it stated that if we cancelled we neeeded to pay a cancellation fee of $2500.00. So I told the representaive take the $2500.00 from the money that supposively they were hold for us. She said she could not do that. We had to pay Summit Managment Services the $2500.00 before they could even cancel the agreement and reimburse us our $5200.00. Again, I think we got smarter, we didn't pay the cancellation fee.

On May 3rd we consulted a lawyer who told us there is no such thing as paying $5200 for transfer fee, minimum $100 and that there is no such thing as paying taxes for a timeshare. At this point we knew we had lost our money to these companies that are out there to get ignorant people like us.

I wrote a letter (as advised by the lawyer) demanding a refund from American Closing Solutions of $5200.00 for misrepresentation of terms and fraudulent fees (title transfer & taxes). To this date their number is disconnected, I have not received a reply to my letter and numerous faxes and emails I have submitted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Closing-Solutions-/St-Louis-Missouri-63108/American-Closing-Solutions-American-Closing-Solutions-ripped-us-off-for-a-total-or-520-1060998. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Closing Solutions

Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: WMontgomery - ()

I bought a Mayan Palace timeshare in my early 20s and it was one of the worst financial mistakes I ever made. I never intended to buy it, but I cannot suckered into going to a presentation to get free show tickets when I was in Puerto Vallarta. The high-pressure sales person convinced me to sign on the dotted line, and I ended up with a timeshare. It was one of the hardest things to get rid of, and I lost about $20,000 in the process. It was an expensive lesson learned.

#2 General Comment

Timeshare Resale Scams

AUTHOR: SBrittany - ()

Timeshare resale scammers target people who advertise their units for sale. Actually, there are tens of millions of dollars being bilked from people who are trying to unload their properties because they need the money. Next time, never pay a large upfront fee to sell your timeshare, otherwise you'll be scammed. These are good articles from Mexican Timeshare Solutions on how to proceed legally against a timeshare scam: http://www.timesharescam.com/