Complaint Review: American Coin Express

• Updated: Sat, March 01, 2014

• Reported By: Concerned — LAS VEGAS Nevada United States of America
American Coin Express
9010 W Sahara Ave Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

American Coin Express ACE Unbelievable. My elderly mother was belittled and ripped off by the owner. Las Vegas, Nevada

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: my two tears of shame

AMERICAN COIN EXPRESS
My Mother was ridiculed and belittled by the man she saw on their TV commercial, when she took her coins and paper money notes into their store.
He made her feel that she was stupid for even coming into his store and wasting his time with her coins, since many of her coins were worth nothing, at least that's what he said, but he told her that he'd take them off her hands so she wouldn't have to drag those heavy coins to a bank to get rid of them. I know that silver is very high priced these days, and when I found out from Mom that he paid her 2 dollars each for her walking lady and her Benjamin Franklin half dollars, it just didn't sound right to me. I've been told since then that the rolls of Kennedy half dollars from the first year were worth the same as the older ones, and I know that she had some rolls from the first year that my Father bought back then, when they first came out. [continued below]....
..... I wish I had taken more time to go with her, because when I made some calls to three of the other shops here in town, I was told they were paying between 8 and 10 dollars for each of those coins. I am so happy that she didn't sell this crook her silver dollars or her 500 dollar bill, because he told her that it was no good any more, but he'd take it off her hands for 50 dollars. When I took it to my personal banker, he told me that it was still worth $500.00.

This guy's a big fat crook, and a liar. Don't go near either of his stores. He'll rip you off, if you let him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2011 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Coin-Express/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89107/American-Coin-Express-ACE-Unbelievable-My-elderly-mother-was-belittled-and-ripped-off-b-795287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Coin Express

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

my two tears of shame

AUTHOR: Anthony - ()

We all grow up and move on. My name is Tony and I'm the guy in the picture third from the left in green. I worked for American Coin Express for two years from May of 2008 to March of 2010. It truly was the worst 2 years of my professional life. I am ashamed of having worked there, but mostly for one reason: the owner Andrew Rosenberg (the guy in the jacket with the grey hair in the middle) . He defies words. He rips off the elderly, the young, the desperate. If he sees you come in his store without much "know how" he pounced on you like a tiger. This man bribed his employees to write false reviews for his store on review sites (dexknows, insiderpages, google.etc). He bounced checks to people to buy their merchandise AFTER post dating their checks 5, 6, 7 days. He drew a gun on a dog in broad daylight simply cus it was chasing his car (that was an intersting Christmas employee dinner...he didnt show cus he was in jail!) He currenly has a class action lawsuit against him from multiple coin dealers because he ripped them off. But here's the good news: as of March 2013 he has lost his last 2 stores! he was evicted for not paying rent...a squatter. Now of course, being the smug arrogant fool he is, he has been telling people around town that he closed the stores because his rent was too high. Well....everyones rent goes up eventually. So......did he leave for that reason? As a store owner of 5+ years? No....he was evicted. And if you REALLY want to know, do the research. Its public record...not a secret. I am so sorry to hear that your grandmother had her coins taken from her. My conscience was tested working there every day (lest I mention that Andrew absolutely HATES blacks, hispanics, gays, women, and several other groups and had no problem boisting about it). BUT...the good news is, he has lost his stores. And all the coin people I know to this day are singing and dancing to the news, because they genuinely hate this man because of what he is and what he does. He has lost his stores and when the day comes when he dies, he aint going anywhere ya wanna go