Complaint Review: American Construction Enterprises

• Updated: Tue, March 12, 2013

• Reported By: Liz — Ashville North Carolina United States of America
American Construction Enterprises
841 B Highway 27 West Lincolnton, North Carolina United States of America

American Construction Enterprises Bait and Switch, installed different product then what was installed, Scam eldery Lincolnton, North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: THIS COMPLAINT/REPORT IS A HOAX!

I purchased product called Green Energy Blanket from American Construction Enterprises. The rep was a woman named Kamaron Stevenson. I was told the blanket would cover my entire attic area over top all of my insulation up there in the attic. The installer named Brian Church came to my home to install the project the next day even though I preferred to have a couple days to speak to my kids they said it had to be installed next day for the better price. Brian assured me that he would cover the entire attic because I'm elderly and wouldn't be able to get up there in attic. He finished the job in about 2 hours time but he once again told me the whole project was done, so I took his word for it. I gave Brian Church the check that day and paid in full. My son came to my home  for Thanksgiving and went up in my attic to check on the work. I was very upset and shocked when he told me that almost a third of the attic was left unfinished. I called the company and left 6 messages on voicemail. I then called Kamaron and she told me Brian must have ran short on product that day and would have him out to my home the next day. Brian Church never came back and now Kamaron does not answer my calls. I believe they took advantage of me because of my age, and they knew I could not climb into my attic. I called the BBB and they have no listing of them but told me other people have called about this same company with complaints. My son called the factory of the brochure that was left and he was told they stopped selling their product to American Construction Enterprises beacause of similiar complaints like mine. My son called the State Corporation Commission and found out that they have no record of John Ard as the owner. They told him they were operating illegally. The actual company that owns American Construction Enterprises is in Raliegh and is operating under different ownership. I also found out after we did some research that these three people John Ard, Kamaron Stevenson and Brian Church have operated these scams under these other companies Window Pro's and Champion Windows.  I want to put a stop to these SCAM ARTISTS. They are preying on the elderly and don't sell the right product or even have a real company. I want my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Construction-Enterprises/Lincolnton-North-Carolina-28092/American-Construction-Enterprises-Bait-and-Switch-installed-different-product-then-what-988763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Construction Enterprises

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

THIS COMPLAINT/REPORT IS A HOAX!

AUTHOR: American Construction Enterprise, L - (United States of America)

This complaint is a complete Hoax! We checked our records and we have never done business with any "Liz" who lives in "Ashville"(which by the way is spelled wrong it is Asheville) and simutaneously lives in Lincolnton as well (as she stated in the report). We demand that since you made the accusation against our company, please provide proof by sending us a copy of the contract that we supply to all of our customers having both their house address and phone number so that we may contact you personally.

This report was filed by a competitor by the name of Green Energy Products Corp. (alias Home Exterior Design which has an "F" rating with the BBB) owned by Richard Farrant and his wife Shawna Robertson Farrant which currently have 10 complaints by consumers with Green Energy Products Corp. at the BBB in the last year.

Here are all of the things that are wrong with this complaint such as First; the correct name of our company. Our company is not American Construction Enterprises (with an "s"). The correct name is American Construction Enterprise, LLC.  Second, we do not sell a "green energy blanket" however, Green Energy Products Corp. sells a "green energy barrier". We sell a radiant barrier called "Solar Energy Barrier". Third, you spelled the all the names of our employees wrong. All of of our employees wear name tags and have business cards that they leave with our customers. Fourth, we have never had any complaints with BBB and anyone can check the BBB's website to validate a complaint or inquiry. Fifth, regarding the company "Window Pros", Richard Farrant worked for them and they are no longer in existence and had multiple complaints against them also. Sixth, regarding the company "Champion Windows", we have no idea why someone would target a national window and sunroom company that has outstanding business ethics.

American Construction Enterprise, LLC had no knowledge of this accusation until we received a phone call from a former employee of Green Energy Products Corp. informing us that this report was done by an employee of Green Energy Products Corp. therefore, this is our rebuttal to a Hoax complaint/report that is false!