alliance

• Updated: Mon, March 24, 2014

• Reported By: Ed — Pembroke Massachusetts United States of America
American Consumer Shows
6901 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 250 Syosset, New York United States of America

American Consumer Shows ACS No Refund for Suburban Boston Home Show Syosset, New York

*Author of original report: NICE RESPONSE AFTER ONE YEAR

*UPDATE Employee: The Full Story

I want to express to you my absolute disappointment on how your company handled this tradeshow.  There was no communication between the management and exhibitors.   You moved my booth to a different location without even telling me.  This was not the space that I paid for and was no longer a corner location.  The fact that you attempted to hold this show without any concern for anyone's safety blows my mind.  I left my brochures on the table in my booth and received not one lead as a result of this show.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Consumer-Shows/Syosset-New-York-11791/American-Consumer-Shows-ACS-No-Refund-for-Suburban-Boston-Home-Show-Syosset-New-York-1013502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Consumer Shows

NICE RESPONSE AFTER ONE YEAR

AUTHOR: Fiberglass Gutter - ()

Yes, you are correct, there was a state of emergency and a driving ban due to the fact that we received almost 3 feet of snow.  The amount of snow made it impossible to travel to the show Sunday.  I would like to know what the attendance numbers were for Sunday since every exhibitor that I spoke with said it was less than 100.

In my opinion, this show has really gone down hill in recent years and I can guarantee we will not waste the money to exhibit again.

The Full Story

AUTHOR: ACS Management - ()

This client fails to state that after the show opened on Friday, the Governor of Massachusetts declared a state of emergency due to the historic snowstorm that was developing. We absolutely had concern for everyone’s safety when we closed the show on Friday, a few hours after it opened. The show remained closed on Saturday but we were able to reopen on Sunday.  Exhibitors were thankful that we were able to open the show on Sunday. Many exhibitors worked their booths on Sunday and had a favorable experience that day. This exhibitor should have come to the show on Sunday and not simply left brochures in his booth. We can’t control the weather.

In addition, since two-thirds of the show was cancelled, we booked another venue to host the show just five weeks later and offered exhibitors 75% off their booth fee. Most exhibitors were thrilled that we offered them another chance to generate business at 75% off, when we had no obligation to do so. That second show was a tremendous success. This client chose not to participate.

Regarding the booth move, exhibitors’ booths get moved from time to time for a variety of reasons. 1) If the fire marshal makes a floor plan change, 2) many times the exhibitors surrounding a booth will upgrade their booth size and need that space, 3) when a neighboring exhibitor ends up displaying a similar product (that we didn’t know about), and other reasons. We work diligently to make everyone happy with their booth location.

We have thousands of happy clients, many of which have written testimonials. You can find scores of testimonials on our website www.acshomeshow.com