justified

• Submitted: Sat, March 30, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 13, 2014

• Reported By: Fred — Selkirk New York
American Consumer Shows
6901 Jericho Turnpike, Syosset, NY 11791 Syosset, New York United States of America

American Consumer Shows Trying to collect an unwarranted debt. Syosset, New York

*UPDATE Employee: The Full Story

After a conversation with company rep (Connie Borger) about renting the exact space we had the prior year, was told no problem and if I faxed back the contract the space was ours again. I wrote in on the top of contract "Outdoor 20x20 space same as last year"  a couple of weeks go by and they send exhibitors kit but no layout of show, nothing with booth description. I request it and they email me a layout showing me on an inside booth in the middle of an isle.  I call and am told that they filled the outside spots and its the best they can do. Within a few days I let them know via phone I am not happy and will not be attending show. We sell Sheds and Gazebos and are not set up to do inside show at the facility they are holding it at.   NO MONEY has been exchanged. Now I am receiving threatening emails from Dan Jordan telling me he'll be adversely affecting my credit rating if I don't pay him his $3190.  Be very careful of dealing with these people, they treat their customers like crap. No respect, they act like they'll be another one along any minute so screw this one. I've talked to other vendors and get the same feed back.   NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2013 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Consumer-Shows/Syosset-New-York-11791/American-Consumer-Shows-Trying-to-collect-an-unwarranted-debt-Syosset-New-York-1039296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Consumer Shows

The Full Story

AUTHOR: ACS Management - ()

The client fails to state that since he signed up for the show very late, approximately two months prior to the show, his booth location from the prior year was occupied by another exhibitor. Many times exhibitors want a particular location and are unable to get it. This is not a valid reason to cancel the contract. In fact, in this case, there were three shed and gazebo dealers inside the venue and another one outside. Both locations are desirable for shed and gazebo dealers. I believe this comes down to the exhibitor being unhappy about a competitor being in his booth location from the prior year. The easiest way to fix this is to sign up early, since we use a first come, first assigned system. We cannot put two exhibitors in the same location.

We have thousands of happy clients, many of which have written testimonials. You can find scores of testimonials on our website.