cholesterol

• Submitted: Thu, February 10, 2000
  • Updated: Thu, February 10, 2000

• Reported By:Deatsville AL
American Direct Marketing
1000 Apex St. Nashville, TN. U.S.A.

Buyers Reward Membership Credit Card charge

I received a credit card billing for Buyers Reward (Phone # 1-888-249-5880. I called The company using the phone # I found on your site (not given permit #517 dated 12/11/99), They told me they would credit back to my account the $72 charge. I asked how they got my credit card, he said it came from an infomercial, but would not tell me who it was. The only infomercial I had used me card on, was for AMD*GS27 scratch remover. phone # 1-800-444-1120. I called this company and they informed me they did not give out my card # to anyone, if it was given, it had to be by the telemarketing company or individual, They did tell me the telemarketing co. was West Telemarketing. When I ordered from AMD*GS27, I very specifically stated "NO" I did not want any other promotions. I don't appreciate these company's that will "automatically be billed to my credit card" without my express permission. I believe this is unlawful.

<<<>>> <<<>>>

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Direct-Marketing/Nashville-TN-37206/Buyers-Reward-Membership-Credit-Card-charge-1242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Direct Marketing