Complaint Review: American Discount Beauty Supply - Scentual Expressions

• Submitted: Mon, August 08, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 07, 2012

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
American Discount Beauty Supply - Scentual Expressions
269 South Beverly Dr. #250 Beverly Hills, California U.S.A.

American Discount Beauty Supply - Scentual Expressions Ripped me off, won't refund or exchange defective product ripoff Beverly Hills California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Scentual expressions

I ordered a "botanical diffuser" (made by Scentual Expressions) through American Discount Beauty Supply on 6/4/2005. The product is a scented liquid in a bottle and is supposed to evaporate in the air and emit fragrance. The product was defective, as it had almost no smell.

The item is described on their website, and I quote, as "scenting up a room." I had a botanical diffuser I had received as gift about 8 months ago; this is why I know what it is supposed to smell like.

On 6/10/2005, I sent an email stating the product was defective, as it did not smell. On 6/13/2005, I received a generic email regarding return requirements.

On 6/17/2005, I called and asked to speak with the owner, Jyl Klein, and was told I was speaking with the owner (I found out later, I was speaking with an employee, not the owner). I expressed my dissatisfaction with the product and was told my only recourse was to return the item or pay for another diffuser and receive a credit when they received defective item.

On 6/30/2005, I went to FedEx, UPS and the United States Postal Service and they refused to ship this item, as it contains flammable liquid. They stated if there was an accident, I would be held liable.

On 6/30/2005, I emailed company and told them I could not ship the item and was told, "we ship items all over the world and have never had that problem. We have to have the item back to replace it."

So, I am stuck with a defective product, with no way to return it, and the company refuses to give me a refund (I would no longer accept an exchange).

I don't know how to contact the maker of the product, Scentual Expressions, to complain to them or I would.

Jennifer
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2005 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Discount-Beauty-Supply-Scentual-Expressions/Beverly-Hills-California-90212/American-Discount-Beauty-Supply-Scentual-Expressions-Ripped-me-off-wont-refund-or-exch-152986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Discount Beauty Supply - Scentual Expressions

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Scentual expressions

AUTHOR: simple beauty - (United States of America)

I know adiscountbeauty.com. You are very wrong.First of all the owner is Jyl Klein, and I know her personnally as we made dozens of orders whith them.

You just can not try to return something AFTER using for ^ MONTHS.

You are a chronical complainner, and your story as NO merit what so ever.

Consumers  ALERT , check this person background,and ALL her complaints.FREE GOODS EXPERT

MIKE