Complaint Review: American Discount Tire and Muffler

• Updated: Mon, May 05, 2014

• Reported By: terrysrsr — Lakeland Florida
American Discount Tire and Muffler
5601 US HWY 98 N Lakeland, Florida USA

American Discount Tire and Muffler Discount Tire and Muffler Shop TOTAL RIP OFF. FLY BY NIGHT MECHANIC'S Lakeland Florida

My Father In Law took my Daughter's car in to get the oil changed.  He's older, and they took advantage of him big time!  First, they said the car wasn't safe, and needed a new CV Axle.  Well, of couse, he paid to have them install one, not knowing that a new CV Axle was just installed on the car about 6 months prior.  So, they took his money for no reason and did the job.

That would be bad enough, if they KNEW how to do the job.  They botched the install, and had transmission fluid leaking all over the place.  He took the car back three times to get them to fix the leak.  They finally said they couldn't stop the transmission fluid from leaking, that it needed to go to a transmission shop.

We had the car towed to a local transmission shop, where the owner there found water in the transmission.  I guess, when they sent my daughter off with the car the first time, it was raining, and she drove through a puddle and water got into the transmission where the seal wasn't fit right so water leaked in.  Plus, the transmission shop owner informed me that there is no problem with the car, the CV Axle wasn't installed correctly, and it needed to just be pulled out, reinstalled correctly with clip installed correctly on axle to make the shaft stay in and not leak.

I pulled the car out of the transmission shop, after $600 dollar bill, totally fixed.  No problems, no leaks, no new parts.  The big problem was, All American Discount Tire and Muffler shop in Lakeland, Florida on US HWY 98 N. doesn't have a mechanic there that knows how to install a CV Axle.  If they did, this would have NEVER happened.  Now, we're out the couple of hundred dollars that All American charged, plus, the $600 dollars to get the car fixed RIGHT by the transmission shop.  And, it was a job that the original mechanic should have been able to do very easily.

I went to All American twice, trying to get them to resolve this matter, and pay the repair bill.  They denied they did anything wrong, and even went as far as to say they were "trying to help us out".  What a JOKE.  They helped us out alright, by lighting the load on my wallet to the tune of almost a thousand dollars!!  They did, after I very nicely explained it all to them, they finally admited that they owed me.  So, I was offered a $200 dollar store credit, which I turned down.  If they couldn't fix a simple problem on a car we had, why would I let them work on something else of mine???  Even for free, it would have been a rip off.  I"m sure, in the end, it would have cost me a ton of money fixed whatever they screwed up!

Don't EVER, and I do mean EVER go to All American Discount Tire And Muffler Shop in Lakeland.  They're absoltely the WORST!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2014 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Discount-Tire-and-Muffler/Lakeland-Florida-33809/American-Discount-Tire-and-Muffler-Discount-Tire-and-Muffler-Shop-TOTAL-RIP-OFF-FLY-BY-1144173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Discount Tire and Muffler