Complaint Review: American Eagle Outfitters

• Updated: Sat, August 10, 2013

• Reported By: dest_miekiella — Buffalo New York
American Eagle Outfitters
, Kansas USA

American Eagle Outfitters Aerie, AE, American Eagle, AEO Charged me, Denied it, and then refused to send out the clothing! Kansas

Back in April I had went online to aerie.com to purchase a swimsuit for a vacation my boyfriend and I had planned. I had picked out the swimsuit, placed it in the cart, and purchased it with my debit card. Shortly after I received an email saying my order had been recieved. A few days later I recieved a call from a customer service agent who said my card was denied and they would not be sending out my order; I asked her to hold a moment, checked my bank account and right at the top was a charge from American Eagle for what was about $45, I told her that they charged me, it was right in my statement and she denied it and hung up. Obviously the next step would be to call my bank, where the woman confirmed they charged me, not only once but preceded to attempt to charge me 3 additonal times. I asked her if she could give me any confirmation code, and she asked me if I had 3 way, which I do, and she told me that she would 3 way the company with me. We sat on the phone for about a half an hour, and went through 2 agents who both denied ever charging my account and refused to refund it. Finally the agent told me I'd have to wait and admitted I was charged, and told me if I still wished to purchase the swimsuit after the refund that I'd be able to get it for the sale price. 5 days later the refund went through, in which I decided I was going to purchase the swimsuit in the stores the next day, however I wasn't given the choice, because later that day they charged me all over again. I will never usr my debit card again online with this company, I have NEVER gone through something so ridiculous before and I hope I wont again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2013 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Eagle-Outfitters/Kansas/American-Eagle-Outfitters-Aerie-AE-American-Eagle-AEO-Charged-me-Denied-it-and-then-1074674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Eagle Outfitters