Complaint Review: American Education Services, Wachovia

• Submitted: Fri, June 17, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, June 17, 2005

• Reported By:Sanford Florida
American Education Services, Wachovia
American Education Services Harrisburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

American Education Services, Wachovia ripoff, withdrawn eligibility for discount consolidation Harrisburg Pennsylvania

I have student loans consolidated through their sevice. I am to make payments of about $138 a month. I wrote a check for $128 by accident not realizing my error.

I was never notified of the mistake I had made until after their 15 day grace period. I received a letter stating I still owed the $10 dollars and immediatly called them and payed the monies due.

I was told by the woman I spoke with there would be no problems since I did make the payment. I later received a letter stating my discount eligibility has been withdrawn due to EITHER an installment deliquency OR a full installment not being received within 15 days of the due date.

I called them asking what I can due to change this situation and was told by (Shawn,Sean) there is nothing I can due. They can not hold my hand and babysit me through all of my payments.

He later after arguing over a simple typo on my part said he could send in a request to see if I could reinstate my eligibility. But he personally couldnt help me. I asked if there was someone there that I could talk with that could help me and he said NO.

The discount is for .75% of my priciple after 36 on time consecutive payments. It doesnt sound like much but over the life of the loan that tends to be near the $4000 range.

When I told (Shawn,Sean) that the Student Loan Consolidation Center said I met there eligibility requirements and I could get the same interest rate with a .25% reduction for automatic debit and a 1% reduction after 36 months of on-time payments with them, he advised me it wouldn't change the fact Wachovia still would own the loan, and has final say so.

He told me the request would take a week to process and I would be notified in about 2 weeks if I could reinstate my eligibility.

I asked him one more time if there was someone else I could talk to or if there was anything I could do to get this matter taking care of sensibly and speedier and he once again said no. I promptly said thank you and my application to Student Loan Consolidation Center will be mailed Monday.

Aubrey
Sanford, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2005 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Education-Services-Wachovia/Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-17130-0001/American-Education-Services-Wachovia-ripoff-withdrawn-eligibility-for-discount-consolida-146580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Education Services, Wachovia