- Report: #113372
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: American Entertainment Distributors - Aed
American Entertainment Distributors - AedHollywood, FL Nationwide U.S.A.
American Entertainment Distributors - Aed ripoff, scam, dvd vending machine Hollywood, FL Florida
*Consumer Comment: Kioskscams, Russell McArthur and Warnings - a law enforcement sweep targeting fraudulent work-at-home and business opportunity operations
*Consumer Suggestion: AED
It would be nice to have already separated the chaff from the grain. Unfortunately we will have to wait for the FTC and the US Postal service, etc. to do that. And that may take a while.
Regardless of which side of the riff you're on there are things that need to be done.
1) People with machines need to workout how to get service/tech support. I would think that those companies who service ATM machines or other vending machines might be helpful. Those former techs out there may want to contact those companies about employment and the possibility of bringing new business with them (machine owners). This may cost more but you will have a machine that works hopefully. If need be add the cost to the lawsuit.
2) For those wishing to sell their machine there needs to be a way for you to contact others who might be interested especially if issue one can be handled?
3) Everyone needs to file a report with the FTC that way they at least know who has received a machine and who has paid for one but has not received one.
4)To; sharrat@yahoo you need to checkout some of the other websites that have aed and scam or scammed in their website title I believe I saw tech manuals/diagrams on the riello machine at one of them.
5) Terry maybe Diabold may need to reconsider the market on DVD vending machines. They also might be another source of tech support.
6) To; DoNotWishToDisclose in Miami Who is the Texas company that is going to make machines? Got a website?
7) On one of the earlier reports someone mentioned moviebank maybe willing to help on tech support do you or Charlie at MBUSA have an update?
8) The BBB let us all down it seems that all you may need to do is pay them the filling fee and you're in like Flynn. I'm sure I'm not the only one who checked their listing and found it a part of the reason we pursued and/or invested in aed. They need to clean house the BBB has been a link in several scam reports on ROR.
9) As far as anyone has been able to find out, so far, Riello seems to be a reputable company. Hopefully as soon as they find out whether or not AED has been legally terminated as a company they will do something to help everyone. Like setting up a reputable dealer here in the states that is more interested in creating a reputable business that won't end up in the trouble that is happening right now.
10) Yes, it takes a while to introduce a new product and there can be bums' along the way but if you are honest and diligent about doing business you work your way through the problems. Sure you will have those customers who will never be satisfied but the percentage will be low not the 95+% that are unhappy right now.
11) There are those from the management' who are still trying to continue and blow smoke over this situation ignore them. File your reports if they (aed) come out of this then there's no harm if they are a scam at least you're in the loop. A lot of us are hurt, angry, frustrated and in shock at being in this situation at feeling ripped off or feeling that those who 'complained' brought this on. But we need to be kind and understanding to one another until we find out where our anger, etc., should be placed. My thoughts are that the FTC, etc. wouldn't have taken these actions, if there wasn't something to the allegations.
12) This business model of DVD vending machines I think will take off. If you have a machine find out how to fix it learn. It's your business you need to know that. If your machine is still operating - market it. Do what you can to salvage your dream don't let the bas#%@*s take it from you.
13)Again I ask why does it seem that so many of these scams seem to have roots in Florida?
Charleston, West Virginia
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Video Computer Store VCS
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2004 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Entertainment-Distributors-Aed/nationwide/American-Entertainment-Distributors-Aed-ripoff-scam-dvd-vending-machine-Hollywood-FL-113372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.