Complaint Review: American Entertainment Distributors

• Submitted: Thu, October 28, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, November 11, 2004

• Reported By:egg harbor township New Jersey
American Entertainment Distributors
Hollywood Blvd Hollywood, Florida U.S.A.

American Entertainment Distributors RIPOFF FRAUD MISREPRESENTATION LIES FAILURE TO DISCLOSE PERTINENT INFORMATION UNTESTED UNPROVEN MALFUNCTIONING EQUIPMENT OUTDATED SOFTWARE Hollywood Florida

*Consumer Comment: to Stephen, Fredricksburg, Va

*Consumer Suggestion: get yourself trained to service these machines even if it involves flying to itally or V&L to train for two weeks.

*Author of original report: Gerald Wald,Esq. , was appointed by the Courts as the Receiver of all Aed's assests, and that Jim McArthur and his brother, Russell

AED could not deliver anything to me as promised. From the get go, they lied. Told me that over 50 machines had been placed by Nov. 2003, when I came aboard, when in fact only a couple were placed. Told me machine is "user friendly", when in fact it is not. Told me it is "state-of-the-art" software, when in fact they installed Windows Mellennium", hardly ever used in the U.S. , where Windows XP is now the Standard.

I bought three machines, based on the business/marketing concept, as we all did. The first one was installed after 60 days, took two full days for techniciamns to figure out why it didn't work, then left. Training did not take place for another month, and machine was never operational since march , 2003. I wrote 7 registered letters; none of them acknowledged or answered. Masha Tango pacified me by offering some free DVDs. Ingram Entertainment gave me Jim McArthurs' email address. HE NEVER HELPED ME! They put two additional machines in storage., without ever finding me acceptable locations, AS PROMISED, and they still lie there , with missing parts, and unassembled, while I pay the monthly storage fee--which Masha said AED would pay for. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST NIGHTMARE OF MY LIFE, DEALING WITH THIS cOMPANY.

I REQUESTED a refund , which went ignored. They also ignored two "friendly" letters from my attorney--which left me no choice but to retain a commercial litigation attorney to file a Complaint with the Courts of Broward County, Florida, which was to be heard on Nov. 3, 2004, which has obviously been stayed because the FTC shutdown of AED, with asset freeze, trumps any State action.

Furthermore, I was originall told by Mauricio Paz, that if I'm not satisfied with the location AED procures during the FIRST YEAR, for whatever reason, they will relocate the machine to another location ABSOLUTELY FREE OF CHARGE. Later, I come to find out AED charges $3000 for this service. ADDITIONALlY, when I asked Mr. Paz what the Service Contract is he explained that the machine is under total Warrantee the First Year, Parts and Labor, at NO CHARGE. After that, the Service Contract will be in the $375 - $400 per year range. Later , I find out that AED wants $10,000 for a 3 year Service Contract. OUTRAGIOUS.........ALL OF WHICH WOULD HAVE AFFEECTED MY (and I'm sure yours) DECISION TO BUY.

Ken
egg harbor township, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2004 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Entertainment-Distributors/Hollywood-Florida/American-Entertainment-Distributors-RIPOFF-FRAUD-MISREPRESENTATION-LIES-FAILURE-TO-DISCLOS-115067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Entertainment Distributors

I appreciate your comments BUT

1. I don't have any locations that would be appropriate and profitable. AED promised this as one of the conditions of sale

2. All three machines are in disrepair

3. two of the machines , which were immediately put into storage by AED (Masha Tango), have scratched and dented cases (as if they were either used before or mangled in shipping), with no printers installed, having no facade,

How much more money should I have to spend when AED should have provided me all of this with LOCATIONS provided as promised?

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Stephen - (U.S.A.)

ken - sorry to hear about that. Sounds like a nightmare. They certainly lied and stretched truths beyond the limits of imagination. I would look on the bright side. At least you have 3 machines. I read a report where someone had bought three and never got them. That would have made me go postal. I am almost postal after being screwed out of one machine.

My suggestion is to get yourself trained to service these machines (even if it involves flying to itally or V&L to train for two weeks.) and make this venture work. At least you have something to work with.

If you can do that you will eventually get your investment back. As far as locating and moving the machine, this is certainly something you can do yourself or hire someone to do.

Best of luck to you bud.

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

UPDATE:

WAS JUST TOLD BY FTC ATTORNEY, DEBBIE MATTIES, Washington , D.C., that Gerald Wald,Esq. , was appointed by the Courts as the Receiver of all Aed's assests, and that Jim McArthur and his brother, Russell, have agreed to the Injunction and Restraining Order, pending a full Hearing by the Courts. Meanwhile, nothing gets touched or moved, and we all will be notified (as victims) as soon as any progress is made. It may be a very long time. Furthermore, they can be held personally and criminally, and will NOT be permitted , by the Courts, to simply file Bankruptsy and "erase" their financial responsiblity (to us).