Complaint Review: American Esoteric Society

• Updated: Mon, May 05, 2014

• Reported By: Pobszing — Newport Beach California
American Esoteric Society
Buffalo, , New York USA

American Esoteric Society Trying to collect $27.60 from me for information I NEVER asked for. Buffalo, New York

*Consumer Comment: Google what collectors cannot do

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: American Society Esoteric

A letter came to me from the American Esoteric Society telling me that I owed the analysis Josef v.J.$24.00 from a report he says he did for me. I have never heard of this man or the business. Now, I have received another letter telling me that because I didn't pay the $24.00, he is now charging me $27.60 and says that if I don't pay the money and settle the so called account, he is going to pass the account to a collection agency. I never do these analysis things. I think their a waste of my time and money I don't have to throw around.I had my identity stolen from me and it makes my life harder and unsettling. I refuse to give in to this person. I wrote on the letter he sent me that I did not ask for anything. Stop sending me a bill. I don't believe in this stuff. Leave me alone and I will be mailing the letter back to him without the money. Maybe I should keep the letter he sent me and just send him a note like the one I wrote on the letter. What should I do and what do you suggest??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2013 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Esoteric-Society/Buffalo-New-York-14205/American-Esoteric-Society-Trying-to-collect-2760-from-me-for-information-I-NEVER-asked-1053684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Esoteric Society

Google what collectors cannot do

AUTHOR: Pirate Greg - ()

See website:  voices.yahoo.com/5-things-collection-agencies-cant-legally-do-8650073.html

Have them prove you owe the money.  Google to see what debt collectors can and cannot do.  You will not go to jail if you don't pay a debt, the most they can ever do is get a judgement against you in a court.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

American Society Esoteric

AUTHOR: Worth - ()

Received a letter saying now I owe$28.30  third and final notice. Or a collection Agency  will wait 12 days . and I will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.